SOLUS3 April 2012 Release Available
SOLUS 3 (April) is unleashed.
SOLUS3 April Release - Now Available SOLUS3 April Release (3.4.118) - Now Available I’m pleased to announce the April release of SOLUS3 (SOLUS3.4.118) The scope of enhancements included in this release of SOLUS3 are:
Full details on the new release and its enhancements can be found in the release note (resource Id 19375 in SupportNet). Existing SOLUS3 customers The release is now available for you to download and apply in SOLUS3 as Solus3 – 188.8.131.52 Customers new to SOLUS3 Before commencing the installation of SOLUS3 we would encourage you to read the Installation and Configuration Guide which can be found in SupportNet as resource ID: 19374 Then please use the following location to download the SOLUS3 April release (3.4.118) from and then follow the installation instructions. File location: Check on SupportNet Password: AsIf Supporting Documentation We would recommend reading the following documentation on SOLUS3 which can be found in SupportNet under the following Resource ids: SOLUS System Administrators Handbook – 19373 SOLUS Installation and Configuration Guide – 19374 Regards, Jonathan wood
- Improved management of Downloads including
- the ability to select and queue multiple updates for download
- functionality to enable stopped downloads (either due to a failure or by user choice) to be resumed.
- Greater information on the type and location of the download will be visible
- A link to the browser enabling you to down load the file outside of SOLUS3 and then import it.
- The From date in the Release date filter on the Manage updates page will now default to four months before the current date. This reduces the number of visible updates on the Manage updates page making finding recent updates easier.
- Contextual Help will now be available from the help button at the top of the screen.
- When an upgrade is scheduled, a warning will be given if the upgrade credentials entered are invalid.
- The order of the FMS targets has been altered to Server, Database and then Application.
- No user defined configuration settings will be overwritten by the upgrade. (previously some specific settings, such as port numbers were.
- When a release is de-authorised, any sites that have already rolled out the release will now be able to complete the upgrade for any workstations that have not yet carried out the upgrade.
- The auto deployment setup option for Solus3 will now be available.
- Discover has been enabled to be auto deployable from the SIMS Summer 2012 release.
- The agent version is now displayed on agent notifier screen
- An override button enabling users to override the 2 minute wait before an upgrade takes place on their machines is now present on the agent notifier screen.