SIMS Document Server: slow response on client
Since migrating our installation of SIMS.net to a new server recently, users have complained of very slow response when loading up the document server.
Specifically when clicking Reports > Run Report, there is a delay of exactly 2 minutes 6 seconds before showing the list of reports.
During this time, Sims.net application is not responsive.
- Tested on server: no delay at all
- Tested on three clients: exactly 2m 6s delay on all of them
Whilst testing I've done the following:
- switched-off on-access scanning (antivirus) on both client and server
- ended all non-critical processes / stopped services
- run three concurrent file transfers across the network to client using Robocopy to see if this affected this delay - it did not
- run Filemon / Procmon to attempt to determine what might be causing this
None of the above affect that 2m 6s delay when clicking Reports > Run Report.
- Server: Win 2008 Std 32bit
- Clients: Win XP SP3 32bit
- Sims.net version currently 7.142 (Autumn 2011 I think)
This wasn't an issue before I migrated the server installation to my new Win 2008 instance and re-installed doc server.
Rather than posting results of my Filemon traces here, can anyone help given the above info?
I haven't re-installed Sims.net on the clients yet...