Got most of the agent deployed, just a handfull of machines not playing the game. As they were some of the first I started attempting deploy to I will work through un-install and delete from environment before re-deploying. Looking better though :-)
Got the Autumn update deployed finally. Waited 2 1/2 weeks for Capita to find out why it wasn't working, 2 days work for 2 techs and me to get it working on all the machines. Using Solus 2 took about an hour to do the server and then just deployed fine to the workstations with maybe a couple of visits to machines being silly. Not impressed. Now got Discover to do, which is completely refusing to install via Solus 3:mad:
Deploying the Autumn update was a nightmare this time compared to the ease with which the summer one went out, to the point I phoned up and complained today.
In the summer, any machine which was offline, once it came back on the deployment started - this time, this didn't happen on a single machine!
My first deployment of the Autumn update stalled on the deploying workstations for some reason, to the point where it didn't even add 2 computers to the Online/Offline list (one of which being our SIMS server) meaning the service had to be restarted, the deployment started again and waited for it to go through.
Redeployed to the batch of computers which failed this morning, suffered from the same problem again, some were offline, the deployment stalled and had to be restarted.
I didn't have any of these issues with the summer upgrade, the only issue I had which was a pain was that one member of staff had the login screen up when it tried to do the update after coming online and with no redeploy option it was a pain to get it to reinstall.
Very disappointed (and fed up) of the latest version of Solus3.
I still don't understand why there is no Auto-SOLUS3 upgrade feature in it yet. We can schedule SIMS, FMS and Discover upgrades to deploy automatically now but not SOLUS3 updates?
2 & 1/2 days since I reported my SOLUS3 problems, still no call back. SOLUS2 upgrade yesterday took approx 5 minutes on the server and about half the clients upgraded automatically when SIMS was started this morning. The other half are having permissions issues (SIMSperm does not like to do what it ought) so we are re-installing via Impero (Now there is a GOOD piece of education software). We use SCCM for all of our other software, why SOLUS3, why!?
On the plus side, I was just in Assessment Manager and they have finally added the replace results set feature in the templates. I actually ran around the office cheering. It has been quite a wait.
What a nightmare!
Tried to deploy a scheduled update last night (Autumn update). Set it for 18:00 with all machines turned on just in case. After half an hour or so SOLUS decided not to deploy any more so I've now got hundreds of PCs that are showing 'incompatible database' messages and have 'in progress' in the deployment detail. On top of that I can't cancel the deployment and restart because it's greyed out and I can't set a new one off because the old one is still running and it gets set to 'scheduled'. It seems to have got stuck on one machine according to the logs and is still trying - 'Agent ID 34 is already executing an update. target 907 is waiting|AgentAvailable()'. It won't move on to the next and so it's stalled at this point. Have tried restarting the affected PC but no joy there.
I have simply copied a working 7.142 SIMS.net folder to all of our teacher / office / admin machines which seems to work OK but I still can't cancel the SOLUS job. Any ideas?
edit: NOTE: just copying the SIMS folder over stops Examinations from working.
When is SOLUS4 SP1 out?
Bit late - sorry not had chance to look today.
Restart the Solus3 Deployment Service on the server which stops all jobs running (but leaves them at their current status) and then start a new deployment which should start deploying out. Then it's a matter of going through once the deployment completes and doing redeploys.
(This is the exaqct same issue I had and luckily got Capita at 4.58 on Wednesday night).
"Typically an upgrade will take around 15 to 20 minutes." .............. whole day gone now waiting for Capita call back...
SOLUS queries are taking a long time to work through as there are many scenarios to deal with. As a result we are falling behind on our SLA in this area. Unfortunately the skill set is very specialised so increasing the team size is not easy. I apologise for the delays.