Backing Up FMS, SIMS .net & Document storage
- First Thing is to setup your backup location:
Run the following from within the "setups" folder within the SIMS Folder.
setsimsbackupfolder.exe /SERVER=127.0.0.1\sims2008 /DATABASE=SIMS /BACKUP_PATH="D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SIMS2008\MSSQL\Backup" /USER=sa /PASSWORD=*******
**If not running on server that has SQL Installed then change the IP address to SQL Server. The Backup Path you specify what you want. Password is what every your sa password has been set to.
From where every you have SQL installed the BINN Folder (this time the FMSSQL folder as it is a different dbattach file), if you are not sure check sims.ini from C:\windows.
cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SIMS2008\MSSQL\Binn\FMSSQL"
DBATTACH.exe /BACKUP /AUTO /SERVER=127.0.0.1\sims2008 /User=sa /Password=******* /DATABASE=FMS
** Note change name to match database, if you have more than one FMS database then just copy the last line changing the database name.
- Backup of Document Storage
All I have ever done is stop the service copy the folder and start the service.
Here is Capita's advice
Locate the SIMS Document Management Server’s Local document storage location. This will be the location specified during installation of the SIMS Document Management Server, usually C:\Docstorage.
If you do not know where the local document storage location is, there is a utility that can be used to find out. The utility is found in the directory in which the SIMS Document Management Server has been installed, usually C:\Program Files\SIMS\SIMS .net Document Server.
To use the utility, you need to access DOS:
1. Select Start | Run from the Taskbar to open the Run dialog.
2. Enter command and press Enter to open the DOS Command Prompt.
3. Change directory to the location of the SIMS Document Management Server by entering e.g.
cd \Program Files\Sims\SIMS .net Document Server (or wherever it is installed,
including spaces) and pressing Enter.
4. Enter dmconfig /D (including the space) and press Enter to display Information about the installation of the SIMS Document Management Server.
5. This would give an example of the directory in which the Local document storage location resides e.g. C:\Docstorage.
6. Note down the details of the Protocol, Port and Directory.
7. Type Exit and then press Enter to exit DOS.
8. You can now backup the Local document storage to a suitable location, by using
Windows® Explorer to copy the folder in Local Document Storage location to a backup medium or to another safe location on the network.
From where every you have SQL installed the BINN Folder, if you are not sure check sims.ini from C:\windows.
cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.SIMS2008\MSSQL\Binn"
DBATTACH.exe /BACKUP /AUTO /SERVER=127.0.0.1\sims2008 /User=sa /Password=******* /DATABASE=SIMS
I have some VBScripts that I use to move backup so that I keep a seven day rolling backup on local server, I use this as another backup incase the main backup fails wether it be tapes or offsite backup. If you need any more help just private message me and I will be happy to help you.