SQLCMD -S %COMPUTERNAME%\SIMS2008 -d sims -Q "exec sims.db_p_install"
SQLCMD -S %COMPUTERNAME%\SIMS2008 -d sims -Q "exec sims.db_p_grant"
In the end our SIMS manager just dropped all permissions/groups. Re-adding them "every one" and it still worked... Capita Logic hey hey! Blatently they broke something! :D
It is defo to do with the Detention panel. I have the issue too and also raised a Case with Capita Support.
I have referred them to the thread on SupportNet.
Anybody tried setting up a new Detention Session for the New Year? That may even resolve it. I can't try that until next week as the servers are down for building works!
I set up a new detention. No joy.
Where is the thread on SupportNet? I can't see it anywhere.
Sorry people there is a fault. We're working on a patch and I'll get a news item posted ASAP.
cheers @PhilNeal :thumb:
This went up on SupportNet yesterday, so it could be a lot more widespread once users get back on the system, fortunately it's only affecting the display of widgets so nothing mission critical. :)
Looking at a user that is not affected, on the cycle part of the widget, it doesn't even list the previous week or previous fortnight options anymore, so i doubt it will be a simple fix, at least not one that is possible without a patch, but we shall see.Quote:
Home Page Configuration
Extensive analysis has taken place today and whilst initially, due to the type of users that have reported not being able to view or configure the home page, was associated with super-users. The cause has now been isolated to users who have configured the view cycle in widgets to previous week or fortnight. As reported earlier with the exception of the home page users can continue to access SIMS functionality.
We are working on a solution and will update this item as soon as possible.
yes my problem is resolved. Not quite sure how - we tried everything we could think of, and one morning I came in and my Homepage displayed ok, and I have had no problems with it since.
I have had a request for a copy of our dataset because the proposed fix needs wider testing/investigation.
They asked permission to use my dataset too, so i'm guessing the patch they had didn't fully pass on their test systems.
It's odd, because you can't edit the homepage panels, so it can't just be that the date range coding is funny for certain panels or date range types.
The work for this issue is now complete and is about to be checked into the Autumn 2011 build. In the meantime we are making the patch available immediately to all known affected customers and all LAs
That's great news.
Will try it tomorrow. Just waiting to confirm that it works on 7.138 as well as 7.140.