Assessment from scratch
Hi all, looking for some advice regarding setting up assessment marksheets in sims which we are transfering from our present PHP/MySQL system.
Basically we record two marks per term (one grade, one mark) for every class in every subject all using the same template. The training I received for this was back in March at which time I was too busy setting up everything else so haven't dabbled with it till now :o
I was hoping that I could just create a generic template and apply that to all classes, but from experimenting and reading on here am I right in assuming that each subject and yeargroup requires individual aspects which can then be used for a template for classes within that subject and yeargroup?
If this is the case is there a simple way to create these en mass?
Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice :D
If you haven't done so already I strongly advise you to seek help on SupportNet. There are many ways to exploit AM and its important to understand some key features such as record sets.
Just to clarify - wouldn't that be result sets?
Superflecth - yes indeed!
It's not possible to do the creation en masse. The year group wont necessarily require separate aspects if you use results tied to the year group. so the data is stored against a combo of subject aspect linked to resultset --> Maths grade + Y7 Term 1; Maths mark + Y7 Term 1. for example. This way, you build up a history of data. the generic route would work but the next time you record a set of data it will overwrite the original.
Originally Posted by SID6581
I posted some links recently to other threads where best practises have been discussed : http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-sy...tml#post545370
There is lots of info on SupportNet, Dancer who is Ralph (you'll see him a lot on the assessment forum on SupportNet) has a way to export the templates and clone them for another subject rather than the long winded SIMS way so search that topic out.
In addition, i've got a thread on here somewhere with a routine that lets you bulk change resultsets in a template, but it's not tested with the summer release yet(!).
Hope that helps
Thanks - thought I was missing something for a minute.