The Analysis of Assessment Data in your school
I’m an analyst working for Bromcom Computers. I have been assigned a task to spec’ a new assessment analysis software module.
The primary objective of the software module is to give schools a powerful but easy to use software analysis tool that can quickly collate, filter, sort, plot/chart and tabulate recorded assessment data into information that schools can use to determine and track performance from the student level > subject level > department level > school level.
Now, I confess I am a complete newbie when it comes to analysis of assessment data and my present knowledge and understanding is limited. Therefore, I would appreciate any information and guidance on this topic. I am interested in both primary and secondary schools’ responses. Specifically:
1. What kind of assessment analysis do you presently do in your school?
For example do you produce: Student/Subject Residuals, % of students achieving certain grade ranges for the core subjects?
2. What kind of trend/predicted analysis do you do?
3. How do you make use of “Value added” data such as FFT, Yellis, MidYis, Raiseonline?
4. How much of this analysis is done in your MIS?
5. How much of the analysis done outside of your MIS – say in Excel?
6. How to you choose to present your data: Tables? Bar graphs? Line graphs? Colour coded conditional formatting?
7. How often is this analysis done?
8. Who does this analysis in your school?
9. What problems/difficulties do you encounter with your current analysis process?
10. What features and functions would you like to see in assessment analysis module?
Please feel free to add any other comments.
Thanks in advance.