Cannot message 2 people
Bit of an odd problem,
We have 2 members of staff that cannot have a message sent to them via the "General Message" link, they are both non-teaching and are members of lots of permission groups. We have another user who is in exactly the same groups, but can have messages sent to them.
What is causing this problem? I have had a look through the permissions, but cannot spot anything.
Anyone got any ideas? :)
Were they added in System Manager as Known Users (picking up Personnel data) or as new users of the system. We have had this sort of issue in the past where users have been added as new users not known to the system.
The quickest way to tell is in System Manager by opening the entry for that user. If there is an address showing, then the user has been added correctly. If there is no address, but that person has an address in personnel they have been added incorrectly.
They haven't got addresses, so how do I sort this problem? If I just delete them and remake the user will everything work as normal (no permission problems)??
Originally Posted by splattthecat
The process we use is:
- Make a note of the login names for the two users, and the permission groups assigned to them then delete them from system manager
- Add Existing People as users of the System, and re add the users
- Assign them to the relevant permission groups
- Change the Login names back to what they were if necessary
- Make a note of the system generated passwords and let the users know their passwords have been reset