Eclipse2 and Phoenix E1
Heres a good one for you all.
I just had to create a report to export the year 7 details from e1 to import into eclipse2.
Trouble is that e1 uses an xls file as it's output and eclipse2 needs a csv with quotes around the fields so it needs to look like this:
Microlibrarian have no fix for it and apparently they've been waiting for pearson to get back to them for weeks.
I found a solution in the end.
Opening the xls in excel I used a formula to create the text I needed in the first free column and then copied this resulting correctly formatted text into a blank notepad document.
At first this didn't work but then I found that eclipse2 didn't like the upn field which even though it's supposed to be a required field the import worked fine when I deleted it.
The forumla used was:
=CHAR(34)&A1&CHAR(34)&","&CHAR(34)&B1&CHAR(34)&"," &CHAR(34)&C1&CHAR(34)&","&CHAR(34)&D1&CHAR(34)&"," &CHAR(34)&E1&CHAR(34)&","&CHAR(34)&F1&CHAR(34)&"," &CHAR(34)&G1&CHAR(34)
I found using OpenOffice Calc usually works better for manipulating stuff for Eclipse.
I thought of trying that but fixed it with excel in the end.