Go4Schools - Anyone used it recently?
We have a demo scheduled sometime in the next few weeks and I've STFF and found a few threads asking about it, but not a lot of good/bad/medicore opinions (from a technical/data manager and end-user perspective).
I know some of you have it, ('cos there's a smoothwall https inspection thread that mentions it), so general impressions in terms of design decisions, fitness for purpose and "oh dear fsm why did you do it that way?"
- I see someone mentioned they're a rebrand of Stars4Schools - that doesn't ring any bells with me - were they terrible?
- Does it have usage metrics? i.e "x percentage of group y used it this month?". We'd like to be able to assess ROI.
- How's the MIS import/export? What doesn't work? (We use SIMS). edit: I see it doesn't write back to the MIS, so if you discontinue the service, you've lost the data. Are the downloads they make available suitable for MIS import?
- Have they done anything dumb while you've been using them?
- What's their site availability like? Do they renew SSL certs in a timely manner?
- Does their technical support understand their products?