For those who have purchased the staff performance licence for SIMS Personnel licence, you are required to upgrade to the Summer 2 version of the summer 2013 release. Upon upgrade you will have access to an additional panel with the ‘Professional Details’ tab called ‘Continuing Professional Development, alongside a new ‘Appraisals’ tab that includes the new staff performance functionality.
Staff Performance in Personnel enables school leaders to record, manage and report on core areas of the appraisal process including individual objectives, lesson observations, employee reviews, together with staff development.
A new menu route under Tools | Staff | Performance Management allows you to setup your appraisal periods, whole school objectives, professional standards, and your line management structure which will then drive permissions to the Personnel record.
Enhancements will allow you to:
- Manage the performance of both teaching and non-teaching staff with a basic record in Personnel, as well as those occupying more than one role.
- Assess members of staff alongside professional standards, assessment criteria or competencies related to their role.
- Customise the appraisal tools in line with your schools’ workflow.
- Record objectives, lesson observations and reviews together with staff development, with the opportunity assign grades and link evidence where necessary.
- Link individual objectives to whole school priorities.
- Maintain a portfolio of evidence throughout the appraisal process.
- Record any pay recommendations during the review- particularly useful to maintained schools affected by performance related pay from September 2013.
- Define what the SLT, line managers, appraisers and the staff member can access on the Personnel record.
- Report on staff performance and core areas of the appraisal process.
The new staff performance enhancements to SIMS Personnel are available to you for a one-off fee of £500 per secondary school and £200 per primary school. These costs do not incur an additional annual entitlement fee.
For further information on SIMS Personnel enhancements please call 0845 520 3013 or email email@example.com