Solus 3 agent
I'm in the process of rolling out the Solus 3 agent to those machines on which we are going to use it. The machines already have SIMS on them, so I would expect the agent to install, recognise that the most recent version of SIMS is installed, and just sit there waiting for a new update. No such luck. The agent installs, then rolls back the working version of SIMS to Autumn 2012. I then have to manually deploy Spring 2013 to the machine, which sometimes installs, and sometimes tells me it isn't required. Have I missed a really obvious tick box somewhere?
Sounds like an old version of S3. What version have you got installed? Is the SIMS Application installing to the same path? Default is:
c:\program files\sims\sims .net
c:\program files (x86)\sims\sims .net
i have had the same problem as you.
the lea logged a call with capita and i am still waiting for an answer
i will post if i find anything out
we upgraded to the latest soulus 3 just before the problems started
i was told i had to remove all the old solus 3 clients before i started to roll out
I've upgraded to the latest Solus client before rolling out the agent - the agent is 3.5.20. SIMS application is installing to c:\program files\sims\sims .net on both 32 and 64 bit machines - and that is whether I use SIMSInst or Solus3 to install.
Deploy the latest SIMS upgrade before rolling the agents out to all your workstation.
That will make sure that SOLUS3 deploys out the correct version.
Im not sure what else SOLUS3 looks at to find what version of SIMS/FMS/Discover to deploy out to agents but I guess its whatever version of SIMS/FMS/Discover is on the server.
Do you know if the SIMS module on the server was the Autumn 2012 (7.148) version whne you rolled out the agents?
The correct version was on the server - the workstations were already working with Spring 2013. I had successfully deployed Spring 2013 to my test machines, that's why I was rolling out the agent to others.
Could you let us know what Capita's response is?
I think I've found out what I had done. Following the advice of our LEA, we are continuing to update the SIMS server via Solus2, as we slowly roll out solus3 to workstations. Therefore, having set up SOLUS3, I then disabled the SOLUS agent on the SIMS server. As a test, I re-enabled the agent, and ran "get target version" on the SOLUS3 GUI. The next workstation I rolled out the agent to has loaded the correct SIMS version.
The complete opposite happened to me I had the latest release on and once the souls client installed it pulls down 2012 summer update.
Originally Posted by Ghostgame
Still waiting for fix
I know it did this as I broke the bosses install of sims :)
Originally Posted by clareq
Will give this a try when I'm back at work