+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Nova-T4: Final Nail? in Technical; I've had staff coming in saying they can't access Nova-T4 to print their timetables. I noticed that the menu entry ...
    CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Nova-T4: Final Nail?

I've had staff coming in saying they can't access Nova-T4 to print their timetables. I noticed that the menu entry is missing from the Focus menu, have Capita finally hammered the last nail in T4's coffin and removed it with the summer update?

Thank Post
    Thought it went a while back actually, but yes T4 is no more. Should be able to print timetables in SIMS itself now...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meldrew View Post
    Thought it went a while back actually, but yes T4 is no more. Should be able to print timetables in SIMS itself now...
    NT4 does still exist! It is not on the Menu Items in SIMS but you can create a shortcut for it on your desktop (as long as you are not on 64bit!)

And there ARE still certain parts of the Reporting functionality that have not yet appeared in NT6 or SIMS. Not many - but a few that some of us old timers do use! And I did pass on a few of these when I was last consulted about replacing NT4 Reporting a few months ago!

Therefore I will maintain it for as long as I need those reports and am able to access them! And that is despite the fact that some new innovations will not be compatible! I have indicated one such example on SupportNet but there are others!

4. Thanks to Sivadam from:

CAM (14th August 2012)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I say tell them to buckle up and sort it out, it's not like 6 hasn't been out long enough. Everyone else manages without 4...

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    They've been venturing into T6 instead and printing timetables from the wrong data set! Not sure why they have access to T6 in the first place though, shall have to query that with the timetabler.

Thank Post
    I have been using NT6 ever since it's inception as Modelling & Curriculum, and Yes! that is a good few years!
    That is not the issue I am addressing here!
    What is a problem is that Nova has always been brilliant at reporting - far better than SIMS initially was. And there are still a few things that NT4 will do that none of the other methods will (or it does it quicker and better!). Unless the new functionality is in NT6 Summer Release!
    And I bet that there are few others that have contributed to the development of Timetable reporting via consultation and testing at UAT than I have!

CAM,
    Never mind the Timetabler - The System Manager should not allow access to NT6 in this way!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 14th August 2012 at 02:40 PM.

Thank Post
    @Sivadam - admit it, you'll never stop using Nova-T4!! I'll be interest to see how many new issues will be raised since people are "forced" to use Nova-T4 dispite the replacement reports being in SIMS for YEARS!! I hate when people moan about IT changing - that's half the fun of IT!

Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    I've had staff coming in saying they can't access Nova-T4 to print their timetables. I noticed that the menu entry is missing from the Focus menu, have Capita finally hammered the last nail in T4's coffin and removed it with the summer update?
    I love how you sent them the release notes yet it still comes as a suprise to them when it happens, even after it popups it a nice cut back format when you logon!! Does anyone actual read the release notes other then me?

Thank Post
    That's the problem. They ain't replaced a couple of 'em. I bet I use NT6 & SIMS Reports more than most but I still need the odd NT4 one!

As for Release Notes I read 'em. In fact I often read parts of some of them pre-pre-release at UAT. I have, on the odd occasion, been responsible for getting 'em changed prior to release!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 14th August 2012 at 07:43 PM.

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    @Sivadam - admit it, you'll never stop using Nova-T4!! I'll be interest to see how many new issues will be raised since people are "forced" to use Nova-T4 dispite the replacement reports being in SIMS for YEARS!! I hate when people moan about IT changing - that's half the fun of IT!

I love how you sent them the release notes yet it still comes as a suprise to them when it happens, even after it popups it a nice cut back format when you logon!! Does anyone actual read the release notes other then me?
    To be honest, I missed the T4 bit as well.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    What exactly are the missing bits? Surely someone could knock up replacements?

Thank Post
    They have, it's called Nova-T6 hehe

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Annoyingly, the "Print Timetables" entry is still there on the Reports menu - directly below it is the "new" way of Timetable printing. @PhilNeal - when is that entry going - as particularly for those running SIMS on Terminal Server (RDS) - NovaT4 Timetable Print Wizard throws a hissy fit anyway!

14. Thanks to TheScarfedOne from:

matt40k (15th August 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread