+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Lesson Monitor and VeriCool - Machine Spec in Technical; Hi our school is looking to purchase both lesson monitor and the vericool biometric finger print solutionf or class registration. ...

Thank Post

Lesson Monitor and VeriCool - Machine Spec

Hi

our school is looking to purchase both lesson monitor and the vericool biometric finger print solutionf or class registration.

My concerns, other than the amount of money they are spending on biometrics when i've got a couple of sutes of old machines, is what if any resource impact do these applications have on workstations and is there a recommended specification for them. I'm not necessarily looking at what the manufacturers of the products say is the best spec more from the user/technical angle. I don't want us to be buying this gear and then not being able to run it over the network. SIMS is not the fastest of applications IMHO and any slowdown at the beginning of lessons to take registers would be a logistical nightmare for teachers.

We currently use Bromcom which has its own issues but the data transfer works fairly well for us. We are considering moving to WinFolder from Bromcom as an alternative. Any users of this, please feel free to provide feedback and issues concerning its operation.

Thank Post

Re: Lesson Monitor and VeriCool - Machine Spec

According to Vericool the minimum specification is P4-1.7GHz 512 MB Ram Microsoft XP Pro or 2000 OS

I have seen a P4-2.8 GHz base units, 512 MB Ram, 40 GB HDD, MS Windows XP for £170 a unit on a bulk buy.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread