+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS :: a primer? in Technical; I had hoped I wasn't going to be dealing with SIMS as it's not raised it's ugly head in the ...
    Thank Post

SIMS :: a primer?

I had hoped I wasn't going to be dealing with SIMS as it's not raised it's ugly head in the primaries I work in but now I have a head who wants to deploy the Assessment Manager part of the system so that staff can use it on the curriculum side of the network.

Now, I've not had anything to do with the admin side of things until now so I'm not entirely sure what's where, but an initial foray into the system indicates that the SIMS data is currently held on the headteachers PC which is off the curric domain but on the same IP subnet.

More than anything else I'm keen to find out what prerequisites are going to be required for assessment manager to work on the curriculum side of things and also what I'm letting myself in for in terms of security issues, pitfalls to watch out for, etc...

Any advice at this juncture would be appreciated.

Thank Post

Re: SIMS :: a primer?

The original topic has changed somewhat as I've now spoken to the techs from county who are doing the work.

SIMS is being installed on the curriculum server so there's a few things I need to take care of from my end such as backups, etc..

What I could really use is some info' and tips on making sure everything keeps ticking over ok. In particular I'd appreciate any info on backing up the data properly.

Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information