+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Solus3 problems - 3.4.118.0 in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Solus3 problems - 3.4.118.0

In preparation for the Summer 2012 Sims Upgrade, Solus 3 is still Proving to be unreliable. After I scheduled the deployment of Solus3 3.4.118.0 for last night, I came in this morning to find that it had failed stating that “Tolrance not met for target Solus 3 Database, Deployment Stopping" (with the exception of the “S3 Hotfix for Target Discovery” which was successful). I made sure that all of the solus 3 agents were left powered on overnight.

Going back to March 2012 we had the same problem with Solus3 3.4.107.1 and after I could not find what the problem was, our LEA MIS support team took over in an attempt to get this sorted and they could not get the problem fixed whilst consulting with capita so they manually installed an MSI of the update. Ruling out other possible issues, our network and stations are healthy.

We’ve had issues and relibility problems with solus 3 ever since integration. Unsurprising capita had withdrawn their summer 2012 upgrade which is available again but this seems to a normal process with each upgrade.

It just seems to be a very unreliable product.

Anyone else had the same issue or any thoughts regarding this?

Thanks for reading,
    Adrian

Thank Post
    I too am having issues with the same release of Solus3 and am trying to upgrade to the new new Summer release, we are having issues with 'The remote machine cannot be contacted' and 'Access denied to the remote machine' The firewalls are all off and WMI is enabled on the PC's, they are new builds in our new domain.

We cannot even install the agent manually with our domain admins accounts, the service refuses to start. I have a call with Capita

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gsayer View Post
    I too am having issues with the same release of Solus3 and am trying to upgrade to the new new Summer release, we are having issues with 'The remote machine cannot be contacted' and 'Access denied to the remote machine' The firewalls are all off and WMI is enabled on the PC's, they are new builds in our new domain.

We cannot even install the agent manually with our domain admins accounts, the service refuses to start. I have a call with Capita
    Are you using the FQDN? Is this address resolvable? Can the server ping then, can the clients ping the server? Do you have any software restriction policies? Does your AV come with a firewall?

Thank Post
    I had not used a FQDN to authenticate myself when updating devices, agents are now installing to the devices, there are one or two that are not co-operating, I shall see if its a local firewall issue.
    I really want this to work

Many thanks Sir.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread