+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Solus3 Summer Release - Agents not updating if offline in Technical; And isn't it typical, went to work on a computer today that hadn't updated - switched it on, logged on, ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And isn't it typical, went to work on a computer today that hadn't updated - switched it on, logged on, sat talking to a member of staff about something else, low and behold, it starts updating!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    And isn't it typical, went to work on a computer today that hadn't updated - switched it on, logged on, sat talking to a member of staff about something else, low and behold, it starts updating!
    If you had SIMS open, alot of files will be in the pendingfilerename, basically, the file was open, it couldn't update it, so it'll do it on the next reboot. We had this issue alot last time because the update was in too parts, so users would get a pop up, it would disappear, then they would try SIMS, and then the second part would start. Safe to say Capita are aware, just waiting for the solution now...

Thank Post
    Pants, its just pants. AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    Tried all sorts to get this working. Out of 104 PCs that I know are online cause i am logged into everyone of them 22 have updated ok. Solus 3 says that only 40 are online ;-(
    Why wont it update them then!!! Glad the SIMS server is one of the ones it updates!

I resorted to using a BAT file to copy the sims.net folder from the server and overwritting the folder on the workstation.

I have the hump!!

Edit - By the way I only ran the Summer update version 3 Monday, today i was notified that version 4 is out. Now doing that one as well!!!
    Last edited by ozydave; 9th August 2012 at 01:13 PM.

Thank Post
    I've just trying to get it to deploy. Solus 118 went on fine on everything... APART FROM THE SERVER AGENT! Grr... For some reason the Server GUID in the database and the one on the agent config are different. Capita have sorted that and apparently we have successfully applied the Target discovery hotfix. Bad news is that I can't apply the Solus 3 119 hotfix or the summmer 4 release. It's been escallated to the developers and I'm sulking.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I've just trying to get it to deploy. Solus 118 went on fine on everything... APART FROM THE SERVER AGENT! Grr... For some reason the Server GUID in the database and the one on the agent config are different. Capita have sorted that and apparently we have successfully applied the Target discovery hotfix. Bad news is that I can't apply the Solus 3 119 hotfix or the summmer 4 release. It's been escallated to the developers and I'm sulking.
    I logged a call saying I get that error after deploy 118, the guy who looked at it said nothing to worry about, you can redeploy it through here. Out comes 119 and I can't deploy it, so mine's been escalated up today as well.

Didn't have time to try the Summer v4 today, so that will be Mondays job (oh the joy!)

Thank Post
    Had issue with the .119 fix, basically my UI was installed in a non-standard path. Sorted now and sorry for hogging the dev

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if that's whats causing mine. Had to ask Capita to call back because today's the one day I've taken off.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Got mine fixed today, despite applying the target hotfix, my Solus 3 version numbers my deployment server were still missing from the database.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12