+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Nova T 4 prompting for SQL login details in Technical; Hi, So after the summer release, we have had to give staff access to Nova T 4 by creating a ...

Thank Post

Nova T 4 prompting for SQL login details

Hi,

So after the summer release, we have had to give staff access to Nova T 4 by creating a shortcut to the .exe file, as they are saying Nova T 6 still doesn't do things as well as Nova T 4.

I ran the SIMS Summer update update on Thursday night, and Nova T 4 worked on Friday after creating the shortcut. However, I've rebooted the MIS server over the weekend, and now Nova T 4 is asking for an SQL logon when you link the SQL data, which it's never done before.

I've tried the sysman user details and the SA user details, neither worked. I've given sysman the same permissions as the timetabler's user account, as it seemed to be missing a lot of settings in SQL management studio, and this hasn't worked.

Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Daniel

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,146 Posts
    Usually it's a SIMS.net login it wants. At least that's what T6 wants when you send data.
    To fully use T4 they also need a login to that, which i presume they have, otherwise they just have to click the default user or something which is restricted i think.

Thank Post
    It turns out sysman was in SQL but not in SIMS. Our users are all AD linked, but I had an account I use for linking Eclipse.NET to SIMS and this was able to log in to SQL through Nova T 4. This has got me round the issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread