+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SIM's Class Plan Structure in Technical; Hi I am trying to work out if it is possible in SIM's to create a Class Plan structure with ...
    Thank Post

SIM's Class Plan Structure

Hi

I am trying to work out if it is possible in SIM's to create a Class Plan structure with the following information on one or two pages per class in a particuliar format, Students Class, Year 7 Target, Year 8 Target, KS3 Target, SEN, FSM, G&T and EAL and these would need to be by Class if that makes sense. I have looked at Individual reports but although I can get all the information into individual reports I am not sure I can get them in the format I require using this method.

I have also looked at exporting and Mail merge but not sure again I can get it in the right format.Also into access and create reports but again looks fiddly to it into right format.

Just wondering if anyone had done anything like this or could point us in the right direction.

Class Plan.PNG

Many thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    If you can get the info you need into Individual Reports, that is by far the easiest mechanism. I'm not sure i understand your example. You want each student lined up side by side?
    Most reports will be per student, so that's not going to be too helpful.

You can mailmerge easy enough from Excel to Word, even just use a built-in mailmerge report. Also RTF reports would work, but getting layout correct is a PITA. Just think of it as though you're printing labels, so set up one, then <<next>> and it should iterate through.

I have an RTF report that gives me a class photo list on a sheet of A4. I imagine you just want to add extra fields to that. Getting the structure right would be fiddly though. So a mailmerge might work better.

3. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Steven_Cleaver (30th June 2012)

Thank Post
    Cheers Vik, your right I want each student lined up side by side and your right tried individual reports but because per student can't quite get the layout. Just wondered if I was missing something.

What we kind of do at the moment is we do as much analysis in Assessment Manager as possible then export this into Excel and key asessment points and do extra analysis on this and link this to a tool bar so member of staff logs into the Network and a toolbar pops up displaying buttons to link to the most recent data with graphs etc so couple of clicks have data for Class, Subject or all subjects whatever they want. We wanted to use this data to sort of produce a sheet in class layout that they can print off so all students with relevant targets and then staff could add extra information like grades in between key assessment points if that makes sense.

Your right as well about the Mail merge as you say it is getting the structure right is fiddly but might just have to go this way and as you say it is a bit like your photo lists just with the other information.

Thanks again.

Thank Post
    If you are using assessment or lesson registration a lot of the info you are trying to print is available by adding columns. The teacher/pupil view has a lot of target and behaviour data too.

Thank Post
    Cheers Phil we are using assessment and I can get the information out but not quite in the format I want so by class on one page whole class showing Student Name various Targets in Assessment Manager and FSM,SEN etc in a sort of table for each student on one page all class on one page. Idea being it shows key assessment points and staff could enter data on this to show how they were doing between these key assessment points it is only one way we are looking at of doing this we are also looking at setting department tracking points in Assessment Manager for each subject long term but this is a big job if that makes sense as well as the current school wide Assessment points again if that makes sense.

Thanks again Phil.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread