+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS & FMS Summer 2012 release is available. in Technical; it's in the sticky thread at teh top. but i'll merge you in so your shock and horror is visible ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    it's in the sticky thread at teh top. but i'll merge you in so your shock and horror is visible to all

2. Thanks to vikpaw from:

Steve21 (7th July 2012)

Thank Post
    It's out. I notice they now have 2 notices, one with links and one without. I guess the second one is for us
    Better go start the download in case something is different.

*** SIMS 2012 Summer AMPARK Update - Now Available

Dear Colleagues,
    Further to my news item on Monday (resource id: 19735) we have made available a revised SIMS Summer release called SIMS 2012 Summer – AMPARK Update to resolve the issue with the optional SIMS Primary Tracking Resources.
    This version contains the correct Primary Tracking templates from Autumn 2011.
    Customers not yet on the Summer release should take this new revision - we have withdrawn the old version from SOLUS to ensure this and your support team should authorise the new version to you for you to download and apply.

We would strongly recommend that customers intending to use the SIMS Primary Tracking resources who have already upgraded to the original SIMS 2012 Summer release should upgrade to this latest release and re-import from AMPARK to resolve the issue. If you are already on the original SIMS 2012 Summer release but do not intend on using the SIMS Primary Tracking resources then there is no need to upgrade to this new release.
    Further information on this can be found under KB: 119316

SOLUS2 Users

It will be made available by your support team on SOLUS2 as the ‘SIMS 2012 Summer – AMPARK Update’ release.

SOLUS3 Users

It will be made available by your support team on SOLUS3 as ‘SIMS 2012 Summer – AMPARK update’

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience that this issue will cause. Please feel free to email me (Jonathan.wood@capita.co.uk) if you want to discuss this further.

Regards,

Jonathan Wood
    SIMS Product Manager (Technical and Releases)

My news item announcing the Summer release functionality is copied in below for convenience:

Overview

The SIMS 2012 Summer Release contains enhancements to Attendance, Cover, Course Manager, Discover, Exams, Homepage, InTouch, Lesson Monitor, Partnership Xchange, Registrations and Admissions, SEN, SIMS Core, SIMS Learning Gateway and SOLUS3.

This release contains updates to Statutory Returns to School Census Autumn 2012 (England), School Workforce Census 2012 (England), CTF12 (England, Wales and Northern Ireland), DENI and Leavers Return 2012 (Northern Ireland), DENI Exam Performance 2012 (Northern Ireland) and the POST 16 Autumn Collection for Wales.

FMS has been enhanced with a number of changes including improvements to the EFA (YPLA) abbreviated Accounts report, updates to the Aged Creditor & Debtor reports, enabling up to 18 periods within a financial year and improvements to the User Interface.

This release requires Microsoft .NET framework 4.0 to be installed on all machines to support this release. If this is not present then the SIMS software will not function.

Full details of this release can be found in the SIMS 2012 Summer Release Note (Resource No. 19572) and the FMS release Note (Resource No. 19573)

Content

• Attendance
    • Course Manager
    • Cover
    • DENI and Leavers return 2012 (Northern Ireland)
    • DENI Exam performance 2012 (Northern Ireland)
    • Discover
    • Exams
    • Fees Billing
    • FMS
    • Homepage
    • InTouch
    • Lesson Monitor
    • Partnership Xchange
    • Post 16 Return 2012 (Wales)
    • Registrations and Admissions
    • School Census Autumn 2012 (England)
    • School Workforce Census 2012 (England)
    • SEN
    • SIMS Core
    • SIMS Learning Gateway 2
    • SOLUS3 – in SOLUS 3.4.118 released on 30/04/2012

SIMS Version Support
    In line with the SIMS Version Support, the currently supported Platforms are:

• SIMS 2012 Spring Release (v7.144)
    • SIMS 2012 Summer Release (v7.146)

SOLUS Details

The SOLUS website for details of this Main Release, including all documentation, can be found by visiting: SOLUS Home - Capita Children's Services

Single Direct and Independent Schools that are supported directly from our Bedford office have been authorised to take this release via SOLUS 2 and SOLUS3. The software has also been made available for Support Units to deploy via SOLUS 2 and SOLUS3 to their schools. These schools will be notified when they are authorised to install it.

It is very important if you are a Support Unit, with a Mirror Server, that you have all the files present on your server. Please check that all the files are present, using the spreadsheet which can be found at: SupportNet

Discover

An update to Discover has been made and is available on SOLUS3. Full details are in the Release Note uploaded to Supportnet as resource ID: 19574.
    For those customers not yet on SOLUS3 a CD image is available for download on

SIMS Learning Gateway 2 (SLG2)

An update to SLG2 has been made available to ensure compatibility with the SIMS 2012 Summer Release.
    Customers on SLG2 should wait to apply the SIMS 2012 Summer Release until the SLG2 Summer Release has been applied to their system. Details on how to obtain this update will be distributed to you via email shortly.

Partnership Xchange (PX)

An update to PX has been made available to ensure compatibility with the SIMS 2012 Summer Release.
    PX customers should wait to apply the SIMS 2012 Summer Release until the PX Release has been applied to their system. Details on how to obtain this update will be distributed to you via email shortly.

InTouch

An update to the InTouch Web Server has been made available to ensure compatibility with the SIMS 2012 Summer Release. Details on how to obtain and apply this update will be distributed to you via email shortly.
    InTouch customers should apply the SIMS 2012 Summer Release before applying the InTouch 2012 Summer Release.

Regards,
    Jonathan Wood
    Product Manager Deployment and Technical

Posted: 3rd July 2012 by Jonathan Wood

Thank Post
    been pulled again as isnt listed in SIMS Upgrades & Downloads??

Thank Post
    LA might not of authorised it yet.

Thank Post
    Has SLG been pulled today ?

Thank Post
    We've stopped issuing it to fix the Profile co-ordinator's ability to review other people's comments. If you've already upgraded we'll send instructions. The upgrade to the hosted system has been postponed for a few days until we fix it. Full details on SupportNet.

Thank Post
    Just gone live with v2 fingers crossed now nothing else goes wrong. My PC took 10 mins to update, but the next one only 3 mins.
    No one here to test though...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Just gone live with v2 fingers crossed now nothing else goes wrong. My PC took 10 mins to update, but the next one only 3 mins.
    No one here to test though...
    Aye, Few of our primaries want it rolled out this week, apparently it's needed for some KS2 results? (Thought it was only the ampark patches, but guess they know best ) Hopefully no issues!

Steve

Thank Post

Quickletter Edit

I was just trying out the new feature of quickletter edits. You need a patch to apply it, because somehow it's linked to removing the ability to add external shortcuts to the shortcuts bar. It's not something we use much, probably only i do, but it's harsh to lose it.

Anyhoo, on the test server, it just adds an extra link to let you edit the QuickLetter template. Firstly, it's only open to two user groups, which is a pain, as it would be nice for everyone to be able to edit it, from in-app as it were. It just makes the instructions easier than having to say, go to my documents , my sims documents, etc. or worse still, C: drive, users / documents etc..

There are no other extra features to it. You can achieve the same by going to the location of the template file and editing it. Since it's possible to add a default open file location, it would be nice to have it open to all users, so they can personalise their quickletters if required. Then the benefit of it being within SIMS is realised, plus you could point it to the my docs folder and they'd all have local copies so each person can have a different variant if required.

Not convinced of it's worth so if you don't have a test server to try it on, and you're not sure, i wouldn't bother.

Thank Post
    It's aimed at hosted SIMS customers really. Personally, you can deploy a default school template via GPO, then have a copy in the staff shared area along with instructions about copying it to your my documents, or failing that script it to copy it to everyone's my documents.

Thank Post
    Does this upgrade HAVE to be done before exam results day(s)?

Thank Post
    As far as I'm aware no.
    But it has to be done before the next census otherwise there's a load of errors.

14. Thanks to Ghostgame from:

Jawloms (24th July 2012)

Thank Post
    Whoops. Got that wrong.
    Yes you do.
    Sorry

Thank Post
    Just can't get the staff these days ROFL!!

Stuart - did you get the email about the exams PI patch and the survive guide from Capita?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    Just can't get the staff these days ROFL!!

Stuart - did you get the email about the exams PI patch and the survive guide from Capita?
    Nope. May I please?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast