+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, CMIS to SIMS Migration - Data Missing in Technical; Originally Posted by michael2k6 There's nothing stopping you taking CSV from reports containing all of that information from Facility, then ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael2k6 View Post
    There's nothing stopping you taking CSV from reports containing all of that information from Facility, then validating it in something like Excel to make it match the fields required by SIMS, then doing an import (assuming there's an import routing in SIMS for that, which I wouldn't know about). It may be quicker to type it as has been said.

Mic

My posts are my own and not the opinions of my employer or their associates.
    Import to SIMS?

Quote Originally Posted by michael2k6 View Post
    Fair enough, I have absolutely no experience of SIMS, just Facility.
    Have we got Graham from Aspen, Phil from Capita and Mic from Serco all contributing positively in the same thread here?
    *is just saying - thumbs up*
    I blame the IMLS framework, you've all got the same hymn sheet now!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bloody government eh, Vik?

Thank Post
    Probably me being dumb but would of thought it would be a good business idea as a lot of schools are going to be moving from CMIS to either Progresso (replacement for CMIS), SIMís, or Aspen or alternative MIS that other companies would make the transfer of data from CMIS to alternative systems possible and as painless as possible even if it is as Michael26k has mentioned exporting data from CMIS and importing it into the new system matching data where possible or tweaking it slightly field names etc, but not expect schools to re-input data. If some company has taken the responsibility of doing this process surely they are responsible for making sure all the data is transferred accurately.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Cleaver View Post
    Probably me being dumb but would of thought it would be a good business idea as a lot of schools are going to be moving from CMIS to either Progresso (replacement for CMIS), SIM’s, or Aspen or alternative MIS that other companies would make the transfer of data from CMIS to alternative systems possible and as painless as possible even if it is as Michael26k has mentioned exporting data from CMIS and importing it into the new system matching data where possible or tweaking it slightly field names etc, but not expect schools to re-input data. If some company has taken the responsibility of doing this process surely they are responsible for making sure all the data is transferred accurately.
    You're right, but if the receiving company didn't offer it, then it's up to the school / institution to request it. It should be part of any migration plan, regardless of the mechanism, and usually it's the receiving company that takes the onus. I'm not sure what the setup is here with link2ict.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's funny, we have a big insight into this from the US market where changing MIS is as common as changing car insurance (without the annoying ads), and so we have developed robust techniques to migrate data from competitors to Aspen (and I they have done the same between them). That is working with the outgoing competitor to ensure the customer has as smoother transition as possible, and the best experience (from both) as possible.

It would be great to get the same spirit here in the UK soon too

6. Thanks to GREED from:

Steven_Cleaver (24th June 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12