+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Timetabling issue in Technical; Hi all, I am having a problem with assigning teachers to a multiple classes in the same period. For example ...

Thank Post

Timetabling issue

Hi all,

I am having a problem with assigning teachers to a multiple classes in the same period.
    For example our PE teacher teachers all the sets in a year at the same time, so for example he teachers 9A and 9B together.
    The only problem is that novaT6 only allows me to assign him to one or the other and not spread him across multiple sets for that period. any ideas?

This is also affecting his access to his assessment marksheets.

any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,193 Posts
    There is a way around it. If you open up the timetable in Nova you can add a teacher from there, but i'm sure if you make other changes to that block it might get taken out. Try that.
    Failing that, there's something you can do with the way the classes are set up.

Thank Post
    If this is always the case with this subject, the elegant way to do it is to change the underlying blocks in the curriculum model so that the block goes across the year group.
    This will allow you to assign one class to the block with one teacher which will have all the pupils in that year group in it. Its more awkward if the situation you describe only occurs for some of
    the lessons. In that case, one solution would be to still only have one bloc and one class, but assign other staff to some of the lessons from the block screen. If they are assigned to the block they should not
    be removed by any other bit of the software unless you explicitly do it.

Thank Post
    Yeah i have tried that. when i add the teacher to the class and go back to the block page it unschedules those classes and then doesnt let me schedule them as it says there is a clash

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Linfit View Post
    If this is always the case with this subject, the elegant way to do it is to change the underlying blocks in the curriculum model so that the block goes across the year group.
    This will allow you to assign one class to the block with one teacher which will have all the pupils in that year group in it. Its more awkward if the situation you describe only occurs for some of
    the lessons. In that case, one solution would be to still only have one bloc and one class, but assign other staff to some of the lessons from the block screen. If they are assigned to the block they should not
    be removed by any other bit of the software unless you explicitly do it.
    Hi Linfit,

can you talk me through how to do this as it seems to be the solution i am looking for but i have no idea how to do it - sorry abit of a newbie.

Thank Post
    You need to set up the blocks in the curriculum model screen. Select the year group you require, and look at the way the blocks are organised. If you have PE divided into 2 blocks, you need to delete them, and then create a new block in the top band and stretch it down so that it runs across them both (Its CTRL/Right mouse click).
    You can then just put one PE class in the whole block, and staff that accordingly in Classes screen. Once the block is built, you can schedule it and then add any additional staff for some of the lessons from the block screen.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread