+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, Latest Discover download in Technical; I've been searching SupportNet for 30mins looking for the latest Spring Discover release. Does anyone have a link to the ...
    zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Latest Discover download

I've been searching SupportNet for 30mins looking for the latest Spring Discover release.

Does anyone have a link to the installer?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Isn't the link in the release notes for the main spring module or is it different.

Thank Post
    From the sticky thread:
    Discover
    An update to Discover has been made and is available on SOLUS3. Full details are in the Release Note uploaded to Supportnet as resource ID: 19071.

For those customers not yet on SOLUS3 a CD image is available for download on
    <See SupportNet resource 19073>
    The password to access it is: <See SupportNet resource 19073>

4. 2 Thanks to vikpaw:

jinnantonnixx (30th May 2012), zag (10th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    From the sticky thread:
    It had me searching high and low last week as usually there is a separate link! Just by chance I stumbled onto the release nots and found it!

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Gotta love Capita sometimes

Lets not bother making a news announcement on our supportnet site.... or a download file in the "files area".... or even a SEARCH term for discover.

No... lets put it in a random document half way down that no one ever reads with a random number to search for. That should be easy enough for them!

7. Thanks to zag from:

Rawns (10th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Even though they have hidden it like a needle in a haystack, I'm not sure a direct link and password should be openly posted up here? @vikpaw has posted the SupportNet resource number so should be enough for anyone who has legit access to find the D/L link and password.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeh one of the mods already deleted the direct link I posted.

I have no idea why Capita hide it or insist on password protecting the CD, but I guess that's just the way they work.

Thank Post
    We could hazard a guess..

but I think that might fall under the slander/ liable category, so it is probably best avoided.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zag View Post
    Yeh one of the mods already deleted the direct link I posted.

I have no idea why Capita hide it or insist on password protecting the CD, but I guess that's just the way they work.
    The reasoning is that you should only have the software if you pay for it. You don't want any old clients able to upgrade the system for free. Or worse still someone that gets their hands on an old server or backup of your data being able to easily access it because you share the software publicly.

It makes pretty good sense to me. I know Discover is a bit different but they should protect it. Making SupportNet easier to use and find things well, that would help.

Thank Post
    If I upgraded SIMS to Spring update would that automatically update the Discover install? How can I find out what version my discover install is?
    If it is done individually then how do you update it? I have the spring ISO but cant find any files on it which specifically mention Discover.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    If I upgraded SIMS to Spring update would that automatically update the Discover install? How can I find out what version my discover install is?
    If it is done individually then how do you update it? I have the spring ISO but cant find any files on it which specifically mention Discover.

No it won't. You either have to upgrade manually with the installer on each device, or upgrade it via SOLUS3 if you've implemented it.

You can look at the properties of the executable (Discover.Designer.Desktop.exe) for the version number. Should be 7.144.4.11 for the Spring version.

If you look in the news post for the SIMS Spring release on SupportNet, there is a link to the installer files and the archive password.

Edit: As @vikpaw posted a few posts back:

Discover
    An update to Discover has been made and is available on SOLUS3. Full details are in the Release Note uploaded to Supportnet as resource ID: 19071.

For those customers not yet on SOLUS3 a CD image is available for download on
    <See SupportNet resource 19073>
    The password to access it is: <See SupportNet resource 19073>
    Last edited by Rawns; 29th May 2012 at 08:38 AM.

14. Thanks to Rawns from:

vikpaw (29th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    No it won't. You either have to upgrade manually with the installers, or upgrade it via SOLUS3 if you've implemented it.

You can look at the properties of the executable (Discover.Designer.Desktop.exe) for the version number. Should be 7.144.4.11 for the Spring version.

If you look in the news post for the SIMS Spring release on SupportNet, there is a link to the installer files and the archive password.

Edit: As @vikpaw posted a few posts back:
    I clicked the link @vikpaw put up but it doesnt go anywhere as I think that release was the one withdrawn. I have used Supportnet to download the working ISO but I cant see where the Discover Installer is on it.

I checked the Discover client version number and it is 7.142.2.1 and SIMS is on 7.144 so I am behind on Discover.
    Last edited by fiza; 29th May 2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: checked version number

Thank Post
    I clicked the link @vikpaw put up but it doesnt go anywhere as I think that release was the one withdrawn. I have used Supportnet to download the worknig ISO but I cant see where the Discover Installer is on it.
    It's not on the ISO. Discover is a totally separate download. Search SupportNet for 19073 and scroll to the bottom of the post and there is a working download link (just tested) to the Spring Discover installer, and the password to the archive.

17. 2 Thanks to Rawns:

fiza (29th May 2012), jinnantonnixx (30th May 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    It's not on the ISO. Discover is a totally separate download. Search SupportNet for 19073 and scroll to the bottom of the post and there is a working download link (just tested) to the Spring Discover installer, and the password to the archive.
    Trust me not to look through the whole post!! Downloading the ISO now. Thanks

Thank Post
    Trust me not to look through the whole post!! Downloading the ISO now. Thanks

Might I suggest a Tea/Coffee and some Edu hobnobs?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast