+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Online Parental Booking System in Technical; Hello, The Head and Assistant Head in charge in Assessment are keen in introducing an electronic system for managing the ...

Thank Post

Online Parental Booking System

Hello,

The Head and Assistant Head in charge in Assessment are keen in introducing an electronic system for managing the parents evening bookings to get rid of the old fashioned paper-based system.

I thought maybe we could one better and have a web-based solution that will allow parents to make bookings with the student's teachers all online and therefore avoid the issues that usually arise with double-bookings/students forgetting (or deliberately in some cases) not booking appointments.

I've had a look already on the site and can't see any relevant and just wondering what programs/solutions other schools used.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Thank Post

Re: Online Parental Booking System

I have been thinking about this for a long time and we decided to go ahead with the following:

Schools can create a tutor group based templates with aspects for appointment times in SIMS Assessment Manager for each tutor/teacher. Therefore each tutor/teacher makes individual appoinments with each student and they are centrally avaliable to both teaching staff [as each member of staff has access to AM/SIMS through their own laptop as we use Lesson Register for eReg; Profiles for Reports and AM for termly tracking]. Changes by parents to appointments would be made by ringing the Admin Asst directly who has access to all templates on Assessment Manager.

Appointment postcards/letters can easily be created using AM's individual report functionaility and in SIMS.net Reporting. All info can be exported/imported!!.

If you have SIMS webparts for the Learning Gateways or Eportal then you can publish them there quite easily.! [although i haven't got it]

Thank Post

We dont use SIMS for registration here. We use Bromcom, so the web based version sounds good to me. I'm currently working on a web based app to use for students e-mentoring. It could be adapted quite easily for the parental booking

If anybody would like to help me work on this, then drop me a PM

Thank Post

SIMS also provides NOVA-P - which is a specific Parents' Evening Scheduler program.

It enables letters of appointments to be produced, as well as timetabling the whole event - even providing functionality for "separated parents" (who want to remain separate on parents evening) and parents with multiple children at the same parents evening (for timetabling together).

A full timetable will be produced - as well as individual appointment schedules for each teacher.

It is not currently web-based - but does do the job.

Regards,

Toby Belfield
    Capita

Thank Post

I've heard rumours that NOVA-P is to be phased out fairly soon.
    Is there any truth in this?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread