+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Can you have two ePortals? in Technical; Greetings, me again! Can you have two ePortals? Wont bore you with details of why etc, but it should be ...
    Thank Post

Can you have two ePortals?

Greetings, me again!

Can you have two ePortals? Wont bore you with details of why etc, but it should be possible to have two ePortals as long as they are on different servers, are there any pitfalls I need to be aware of??

many Thanks

BigDPM

Thank Post

Re: Can you have two ePortals?

Should be possible, it'd be just like connecting two CMIS admin clients.

As long as you had a dataserver on each eportal server, although it might even be possible to connect both instances of eportal to a single dataserver as well.

They just connect to the sql db as a client.

You would have to make sure that both got upgraded when ever there is an update.

Thank Post

We have two instances of e-portal. one is on-site, and the other is on our off-site server for our website. They both have the dataserver application installed as well, and both run without any problems.

I think it is possible to run two instances connected to the same dataserver, but I can't think of any advantages of doing this.

Mike.

Thank Post

Sorry I am confused/ignorant...how are you running two instances of the data server? Do you have the data server running on the eportal server only and not CMIS/SQL server?

Thank Post

I think if you have a split server setup, you can run as many eportals are you have servers, so one CMIS server and two eportal servers = 2 eportals. You could, I think run eportal on the CMIS server too, giving you three. We have a single CMIS/eportal server and we run two eportals, one using IIS and the other Apache Tomcat. We only have one dataserver service running.

Thank Post

We have a seperate instance of the dataserver for each installation of e-portal. I know the two componants can be installed seperately and you can link multiple instances of e-portal to one installation of the dataserver, but I can't see any advantages of doing this, so we havn't.

Our entire e-portal/cmis system has 3 onsite servers and one off site. That's SQL server, one server for CMIS, one server for e-portal and one off site e-portal server too. What we have at the moment works reliably and quickly, so we're happy

Mike.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information