+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Profiles in Technical; Is it me or is this a pain? I am doing the template like the (thin) manual says but its ...

Thank Post

Profiles

Is it me or is this a pain?

I am doing the template like the (thin) manual says but its not outputting... Even a basic tag works sometimes and then not the next.

Is there some mnarkups that are hidden that it relies on?

I've pasted a basic section below but it doesn't output right... I've ben sent a couple of examples to test.

Shouldn't the<<report section>> tags surround each subject????

Any advise would be appreciated.

<<Report Section>>
    Maths

Progress Report
    <<CommentfromSection: Maths - Progress Report^|^11 - 18^|^>>

Areas for Improvement
    <<CommentfromSection: Maths - Areas for improvement^|^11 - 19^|^>>

Subject Teacher <<ClassTeacher:Progress Report - Title Initial and Surname^|^11^|^Progress Report^|^1^|^1^|^>>
    <</Report Section>>

Thank Post
    Yes, the report section tabs should surround each subject - this will prevent "empty" sections from printing.

Getting the merge to work properly is a dark art. Sometimes they work first time but often they don't.

Have you used Validate Tags - the last item on menu when you right click on the page.
    You need to do this every time you make any change to the template before you save it back.
    Sometimes you need to do it twice.

If it is merging some of the tags but then stopping part way through, try deleting the tag that it is stopping at and then putting it back in. This sometimes kicks it into action.
    If the template is recycled there are sometimes hidden bits of tags still embedded in the doument - if you turn on show paragraph marks in Word you can see these and delete them.
    If there is any word art or embedded pictures in the template take them out and see if that works, then if it does, try putting the pictures back in: the sequence you do things in can make a difference.

Thank Post
    Dark art is one word for it

The profile stops almost straight away after the name and doesn't show the reg.

When I save the XML and open it up in notepad++ it shows all the XML gubbins including an image thats not there anymore but the tag validator says everythign is ok... bonkers.

I did use the all subjects XML to clone this one. Its going to be a long process getting this working.

Whats annoying is the fact I can't delete the old XML files as they say they are in use with a comment bank.. but they are not.

Thank Post
    Annoyingly whenever I delete the Sims image on the default XML it breaks the header tags, I look at it in notepad++ and some messy code is still there.

Thank Post
    Mmmm.. when I change the footer or header of the template it breaks the template altogether. I even followed the instructions where it tells you to put in a page break and change the second pages footer/header and then delete the page break but it still breaks all the tags. I wonder if my default template is broken?

Logged it with Capita so will see what they say.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread