+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Tutorial "Audit Trail" in Technical; Sorry about the vagueness of the quesion, I'm trying to see if SIMS can do something for me. If not, ...

Thank Post

Tutorial "Audit Trail"

Sorry about the vagueness of the quesion, I'm trying to see if SIMS can do something for me. If not, I'll have to look at something else.

Our sixth form will be having tutorial sessions next year. As part of this, tutors will need to keep notes of discussions relating to progress, problems etc that are happening generally in all subjects for a student.

We would like the tutors to be able to type notes about the discussions that they have had with the students which can be seen by our Director of Sixth Form. DoSF and Tutors need then to be able to make a note of any interventions that have been made. Consequently, for each student there will be an unspecified number of different comments, ideally date-stamped, from a number of different people.

Is there anything within the normal setup of SIMS .net that can do this? Or do I need to look at producing a bespoke solution in Access?

Thank Post
    Create marksheets with text-entry fields in assessment manager?

(You can attach notes directly to a student record, but it's much more unwieldy and requires permission changes).

Thank Post
    I thought about that, but no knowing how many fields will be needed makes that a bit awkward, and I'm not sure whether I want all teachers to see the data.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeGee View Post
    I thought about that, but no knowing how many fields will be needed makes that a bit awkward, and I'm not sure whether I want all teachers to see the data.
    You understand that you can stack aspects and marksheets in a manner such that Mr Bloggs only sees his tutees on his marksheet, Mrs Jones only sees her tutees on her marksheet, but the Director of Sixth Form's marksheet will have aspects from Mr Bloggs and Mrs Jones' tutees?

If I (or rather, if our School Administrator was doing it) she'd ask for a "How many sessions do you think the most needy tutee will have per year?" figure. And then add 20-50%.

So if it's over the Upper and Lower Sixth and they're meeting fortnightly, but more meetings could happen on-demand should the tutee or student find it necessary, I'd budget for a meeting per school week over the two years and then add a fudge factor of 20%.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    One of the headaches of AM in SIMS, it all relies on being setup for all teachers right from the off, there is no flexibility for an individual teacher to add their own aspects, or duplication of aspects (by a teacher).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread