+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, ISAMS or E1 in Technical; Hi, I work at an independent school (Prep-6th), we currently have Phoenix Gold and it is loved & loathed by ...

Thank Post

ISAMS or E1

Hi,

I work at an independent school (Prep-6th), we currently have Phoenix Gold and it is loved & loathed by staff equally. Age & changes to exams etc. has forced time to change. After consideration we are down to 2 horse race between ISAMS & E1.

I admit after the demos I'm left favouring ISAMS as it seems slicker and easier to get hands on with. I'm also concerned because E1 seems to only allow messages to be sent to parents portals not direct to email.

I would be interested to know of peoples experiences of both in an independent environment.

Thanks
    Pete

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am surprised to hear (again) that neither Serco nor Capita (nor 1 other ) has not been mentioned as a contender. I know (I believe) Serco has reduced development in their independent section/department, but is still a complete solution. Does ISAMS have everything you need as a school? Timetabling, Exams, Parent Portals, Assessment, Attendance (maybe), Data Analysis, Learning Management Platform (or at least integration with)...

Thank Post
    We are an independent in Bath and implemented iSAMS 3 years ago. Staff have found it very easy to use and our SMT absolutely love it. Am happy to chat with you if you wish - pm me your number and I will call you, or you could come for a visit if you prefer as you are so close!

Thank Post
    We moved from SIMS to iSAMS 2 years ago. The teachers love iSAMS and find it much easier than SIMS. The Registrar and office staff have found it less straightforward but don't moan as much. You would need someone with SQL reporting knowledge to extract data. Timetabling is more of an issue as there isn't an intregrated package. Our Parents are very happy with the Portal - we now only post full reports home, all other reports are only posted on the Portal. On the whole I would recommend it. If you are doing the rounds, have you looked at Schoolbase?

Thank Post
    We are a small independent that are currently looking at our management package as well. We are currently using PASS, staff have been impressed most by isams. I have heard some disappointment from others about the registrations system, although our registar thought it looked good. Interesting to see others views of it here.

Thank Post
    I used to work at an Indie Prep that used E1.

Aviod the damn thing like the plauge. It didn't even do half the things that phoenix gold used to do, so the school had to keep a copy of gold in order to proccess fees.

Thank Post
    +1 for iSAMS.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread