+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Discover Hosted REGEX regular expression router / Custom Router in Technical; Hi all, We've installed the web hosted version of discover and run into an issue with the RegexRouting.xml The Documentation ...

Thank Post

Discover Hosted REGEX regular expression router / Custom Router

Hi all,

We've installed the web hosted version of discover and run into an issue with the RegexRouting.xml

The Documentation says says use:
    <rule pattern="^schoola_">
    <rule pattern="^schoolb_">
    i.e. SIMS SQL prefixed username in our case ^SIMS9999_ and ^SIMS9995_ but this isn't working!

I can specify individual users by name (as detailed in the actual RegexRouting.xml) and this works but I this is unmanagable for 4000+ users / 200+ schools:
    <rule pattern="^user1">
    <rule pattern="^user2">

Has anyone else managed to get this working??? I do have a case logged with Capita, but they've had to escalate and a week has passed with no update

On the flip side we've got the Discover Spring 2012 AD/LDAP working, but it would be better to use SIMS username/password because we don't currently have SIMS accounts AD integrated in production.

Also, has anyone actually written a custom "Regular Expression Router"??? in the spring and autumn 2011 documentation it mentions "By way of a worked example, the C# code for the regular expression router is deployed with the Discover Services files." - but these files doesn't seem to exist!
    They've dropped this statement in the Spring 2012 documentation does anyone have these (maybe in an eariler beta) or actually written there own????
    Last edited by lollettuk; 22nd March 2012 at 03:39 PM.

Thank Post
    Just a quick update - Capita have now come back...

Contrary to the documentation Discover is actually using the SIMS logon name NOT the SQL username!
    So for users to be uniquely identified we would have to change every SIMS account logon in system manager... i.e.
    GROSG would have to be changed to SIMS9999_GROSG
    BLACKA changed to SIMS9995_BLACKA

This isn't possible for thousands of users!

Note: The (spring 2012) documentation also seems to be incorrect referring to the AD/LDAP router! REGEX isn't based on a returned OU, its actually the AD username.

Capita are now preparing sample code so we can write our own router...

There is however another option we've considered, but it means more maintenance during upgrades:
    Install multiple discover websites - one per school and don't use REGEX i.e.

http://discover/9999/Discover.Design...serHosted.xbap
    http://discover/9995/Discover.Design...serHosted.xbap

So now each web.config only points at one Discover/SIMS SQL DB pair and has no REGEX Routing setup.

Thank Post
    Think you guys are the only ones brave enough to look at Discover Hosted. We're all waiting for you to do it first

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread