+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, FMIS Printing in Technical; A little bit of a scenario for you: We have gone over to a managed printer service with the majority ...

Thank Post

FMIS Printing

A little bit of a scenario for you:

We have gone over to a managed printer service with the majority of printers replaced with the more environmentally friendly OKI Executive 7120 printers. These printers have 2 input trays so you can have 2 different media types.

In finance, I installed the printer with 2 print queues. One print queue set up to print to tray 2 (larger capacity) for day-to day printing in word, etc. The second print queue was set up to only print from tray one for purchase orders in SIMS. It was done this way so the user doesn't need to manually go and change the tray when they are printing from Word.

When printing from Word/Excel the printer behaves exactly as it should and prints to tray 2.

When printing from FMS for a purchase order, it picks a tray at random and prints to it (usually tray 2) causing problems when printing on controlled stationary. If I print a test page/word document out on this specific queue then it prints from tray 1 (as it should) which to me says it's a problem within FMS.

I have checked the print setup in Focus and the print settings are set correctly. I have tried both the PS and PCL6 driver - the only difference being that the PS driver stops purchase orders from being spooled at all. After doing some digging, If the purchase order printer is set to the Windows default, it prints correctly to tray 1, and regular application printing works OK to tray 2 using it's specific tray, however this means the user needs to change the printer every time they print a word document.

Besides putting their manual single feed HP 1100's back in, has anyone got any suggestions?

Pete

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Unfortunately, it likes / needs to have the default printer.
    How frequent is the need for using controlled stationery? Could they just switch the default printer when they want to do an order run ? I've had to do that in the past.

Thank Post
    Hi

we don't run SIMS but from SAP do print off purchase orders. We just use multi purpose tray with selected stationary. Maybe an idea if volumes are low!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread