+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS3 - Removes the UI after 107 Hotfix Rollback in Technical; A heads up to all SOLUS3 users. This is the second time we have had this issue. Installed a brand ...

Thank Post

SOLUS3 - Removes the UI after 107 Hotfix Rollback

A heads up to all SOLUS3 users. This is the second time we have had this issue.

Installed a brand new SOLUS3 103 environment this morning in a school and added the server to the environment and then rolled out the 107 Hotfix. The deployment failed so SOLUS3 rolled it back, but also completely stripped out all trace of the SOLUS3 User Interface!!! Anyone else come across this? I've logged it with Capita to see what they have to say.

If you run the UI installer, it gives you the option to remove or repair. Repair reinstalls it but trying to run the UI after results in a huge error. Uninstalling and then reinstalling gets it working again but you need to re-register the UI to generate an XML file before you can deploy packages.
    Last edited by Rawns; 19th March 2012 at 02:39 PM.

Thank Post
    We've deployed it to about 30+ schools without any problems, we had 1 where the .config's disappeared from all the DS and DS UI. It looked like it it tried to remove it (but failed because it was running). Sounds similar to what your saying. Capita just recommended reinstalling after remoting in. If it's happened to you, then its a bit more serious then we thought. Could you PM\email me your case ref and I'll add it to mine?

Cheers

Thank Post
    Sounds like a slightly different issue to what you have experienced, but let me know if you still want the case ref and I'll e-mail it to you.

We had Capita connect up yesterday to look at this. They say that it is a know bug that's been in SOLUS3 for a long time and seems to be cropping up more and more. When S3 try's to upgrade itself, for some reason it forcefully removes the UI install directory (and closes the UI down if it's open), and then when it try's to upgrade the S3 UI files, it cant because the UI directory and files no longer exist! So you then have to manually uninstall and reinstall the UI and then re-register it.

Even more odd is that the S3 service HAD been upgraded to 107 but the DB and UI were still on 103. Added a new workstation to the environment and the agent version installed onto it was 107. Capita then had to copy out a manual 107 installer and manually upgrade the DB and UI because trying to rerun the 107 upgrade resulted in a failure again as it was saying the S3 service was on a newer version then the what was trying to be installed (as S3 was running the 103 upgrade first before the 107 hotfix).

All sorted now but was on the on the phone with them for a good hour or so. Was told a S3 manager meeting was taking place Wed and it would be brought up there to see if the issue could be 'bumped up' the priority list due to the increase in occurrences.

Thank Post
    Had exactly the same issue happen to me twice, the second time though i backed up the Solus 3 Dployment UI folder before i upgraded Solus 3.
    The error reports that the tolerance has not been met when deploying the Solus 3 UI part of the update and rolls back, when you then close the Solus3 UI the folder is deleted.
    I Copied the Solus 3 dployment UI folder back, ran the Solus 3 upgrade again and it ran through error free

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread