+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SLG - NEw Provisioned User - "Not Licensed" in Technical; Good Afternoon All! Just started as ICT Network Manager at a new school and have inherited an SLG setup and ...
    Thank Post

Question SLG - NEw Provisioned User - "Not Licensed"

Good Afternoon All!

Just started as ICT Network Manager at a new school and have inherited an SLG setup and trying to get my head round it (as I have no experience of SLG). I have got AD Provisioning working etc and have provisioned myself as a user. I have then logged into the SLG with this user and want to consolidate it with my actual/everyday domain account. However all of of the web parts are coming up with "You are not Licensed to view this information - Access to Information displayed in this web part requires a license". Not sure if I have missed an obvious step with this or if it is a bug, can anyone clarify this?

Any help hugely appreciated

Thank Post
    Does it work as a teacher? Borrow a teacher and ask them to log in.

It may show "not licensed" for some things (i.e granular attendance if you don't have Lesson Monitor), but you should see something if you have the correct permissions.

System Manager rights, BTW, give you very little on the actual "fiddle with data" side of things in SIMS .Net.

3. Thanks to pete from:

Zenden (19th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Does it work as a teacher? Borrow a teacher and ask them to log in.

It may show "not licensed" for some things (i.e granular attendance if you don't have Lesson Monitor), but you should see something if you have the correct permissions.

System Manager rights, BTW, give you very little on the actual "fiddle with data" side of things in SIMS .Net.
    Thanks for that Pete, got it sorted now, was a simple permissions issue. Custom group had been created which I needed to be added to. I have a slightly different issue now. I have successfully provsioned and consolidated a new staff member but i now need to do the same for an "agent" and cant seem to find his account when i choose provision-agent-add agent or provision-agent-reprovision . do you know if the process is any different for this?

once again thanks very much, SLG is a whole new world to me!
    Last edited by Zenden; 19th March 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo

Thank Post
    OK the issue is resolved now, I got a response from Capita. For the benefit of anyone else experiencing the issue here is the exact details:

"You can only provision agents who belong to Education Provider or Workplace Provider agency types. If none of your agents belong to the above agency types they will not appear in the route of Agents to be provisioned."

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread