+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, Anyone use the Bromcom MIS? in Technical; If anyone has any queries on non-product or services relatingto Bromcom Computers Plc then please send me a private message. ...

Thank Post

Thumbs up

If anyone has any queries on non-product or services relatingto Bromcom Computers Plc then please send me a private message. We are happy to respond.

Thank Post
    Several comments in this thread about Bromcom's current financial difficulties and winding up petition have been deleted.

Schools about to embark on a long term financial and technical commitment such as to an MIS have the right to know such information. Any school who has switched MIS in the past will be aware of the costs both financially and in terms of training.

We should at least be entitled to know what contingency plans have been put in place by Bromcom to continue supporting/maintaining their source code were they to become insolvent.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @BCUser I agree with the spirit of your post, @paul above has posted an impartial link to the article.

You have to understand that you have made just 1 post on this forum, and that is quite distinctive a post. Staff from Bromcom have invited users to contact them regarding this point which is an excellent response.

Thank Post
    To those concerned at the notice, there were unprecedented mitigating circumstances behind this. However, the originator of the notice has been fully satisfied for some weeks now. If you have any further queries on non-product or services relating to Bromcom Computers Plc then please send me a private message. We are happy to respond.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,487 Times in 1,234 Posts
    Would it not make sense to explain the state of play in public. Making it look like there is something to hide does not instil confidence, though I understand in some cases due to legal reasons things can't be public, but then they shouldn't be shared to anyone anyway.

Thank Post
    Vikpaw, you are right. Whilst happy to communicate individually under PM, for legal reasons we are limited what can be state at present time other than to confirm the most relevant information that “the originator of the notice has been fully satisfied for some weeks now and therefore they have no need for any action to follow.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I would understand the concerns from a user of their MIS. Have you taken up their offer of contacting them to find out what the issues are? This may well alley any fears. Yes such an event is serious but there are many circumstances that may cause this, as well as many a successful business going though rough patches at some point in their history.

I should say that if switching MIS is a concern, most suppliers will have plans in place to assist with this, not to mention comprehensive schemes to get your staff trained up with the least amount of disruption. You must have switched TO Bromcom at some point.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12