+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Getting Sims setup files in Technical; Hi, We use the LA sims support but they cant give me a sims / fms setup cd for some ...

Thank Post

Getting Sims setup files

Hi,

We use the LA sims support but they cant give me a sims / fms setup cd for some reason, so I applied for Sims Support net thinking I would be able to get at the downloads but cant find them.

I need to do a fresh install on a new server, can someone point me in the direction of the downloads.

NB. I was given a link that downloads the Sring11 setup files but assume this is out of date.

Thank Post
    You could install Spring11, then run SOLUS, or do you have any other schools nearby who use SIMS? Go and steal a copy of their setups folder?

Thank Post
    What's wrong with your current setups? That spring inf is the latest as far as I am aware\care (it's got .net4)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,398 Times in 1,158 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edutech4schools View Post
    Hi,

We use the LA sims support but they cant give me a sims / fms setup cd for some reason, so I applied for Sims Support net thinking I would be able to get at the downloads but cant find them.

I need to do a fresh install on a new server, can someone point me in the direction of the downloads.

NB. I was given a link that downloads the Sring11 setup files but assume this is out of date.
    It's funny because 'La' in arabic means 'No'. Not sure why they wont help, but they all work differently, maybe they wont support you if you start messing around.

Sharing setups is not really advisable, it's just asking for trouble, plus as Matt said, the ones on your current server should be fine. I prefer to do a clean install and for that SupportNet is the right place: go to solution search and look up KB110102, this will give you the latest installable release, so you don't need the host of setup files you may currently have. Then you just need to run the update ISO to bring you up to the latest version, or ask support to release the latest one they want you to be on, to SOLUS.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread