+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, sims not enough space on drive in Technical; hi everyone a bit of background info. I am a technician who only looks after the curriculum network.Admin is looked ...
    Thank Post

sims not enough space on drive

hi everyone

a bit of background info. I am a technician who only looks after the curriculum network.Admin is looked after by part time ex teacher who is member of SLT! and was not in on friday.

Anyway on friday i was doing the rounds when i noticed on a admin machine a sims error saying that they was not enough space on the sims drive s:\

so after checking the machine i noticed there was 1.50gb left in the time i was thinking what to do the space had gone down to 1.16 (noticed one of our admin staff scanning ocr's etc)

anyway decided has the ex teacher who is supposed to look after the network was not in i went to the head teacher and explained that the network is seriously in need of extra storage and you need to act today.His first reaction was that could it wait till monday when she was back i said not if you want to lose sims and your network in the next couple of hours.anyway he decided that we could look at it in, we moved 7gb of ghost images to the c: drive and that created 8gb total disk space.How long will that last and what of sort of storage and how much do you have for sims (i have no experience of sims)

and also what sort of damage would of been caused if i would of left it?

also backup tapes are just left lying around no test restores done!!also sims and the admin network has only 1 server what should it have?

thanks

mark

Thank Post

Re: sims not enough space on drive

You might be able to free some space using tidy backups in system manager but if you have freed 8Gb then this should wait until Monday now.

Thank Post

Re: sims not enough space on drive

yeah

just a bit p***ed off really.if i made this type of mistake i would be up before the head and he would be grilling why i let this happen!!!

wanna know what damage this would of caused and suggest to the head that he let me have some say in the admin network

mark

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread