+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, [Discover] - NETWORK SERVICE account cannot start services? in Technical; Tried installing Discover via SOLUS3 and manually and it keeps falling over when installing the Discover Services. I've managed to ...

Thank Post

[Discover] - NETWORK SERVICE account cannot start services?

Tried installing Discover via SOLUS3 and manually and it keeps falling over when installing the Discover Services. I've managed to identify what's happening and it seems that the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account does not have permissions to run Windows Services which seems weird to me. I've managed to install the services to use a Domain Admin account and it works. Thing is, Capita's advice is to set the services to run as NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICES and it's also how we've set up Discover in other schools and it's worked fine.

I'm not sure how I can check this out, so any advice in regards to correcting this would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 1,159 Posts
    So the question really is, what's different at this school, compared to the others? Something must be blocking it, a policy or some setting that isn't present elsewhere. Are they identical OS, plus extra software..?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    Tried installing Discover via SOLUS3 and manually and it keeps falling over when installing the Discover Services. I've managed to identify what's happening and it seems that the NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE account does not have permissions to run Windows Services which seems weird to me. I've managed to install the services to use a Domain Admin account and it works. Thing is, Capita's advice is to set the services to run as NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICES and it's also how we've set up Discover in other schools and it's worked fine.

I'm not sure how I can check this out, so any advice in regards to correcting this would be appreciated.
    Is this Windows Server 2003? We found we had to use the SYSTEM account.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread