+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, a2c Exchange (the new exam board exchange) in Technical; Just to return to the A2C software itself (as TechMonkey's colleague) it does need proxy settings, but the interface is ...
    Thank Post
    Just to return to the A2C software itself (as TechMonkey's colleague) it does need proxy settings, but the interface is so poorly designed it asks you for a domain rather than (like Sophos, for example) a server URL and port, and a mandatory username and password rather than an optional one. It also scales horribly on different res screens. Cobbled together in an afternoon by the look of it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivadam View Post
    Of course Gill! @SWFC #Massive
    A couple of times in the past week or so our Trends have made the global top twenty!

Incidently, @HGCSC has now officially gone live!

Just don't mention Blackpool then

@elmwoodprimary is up there on twitter as well.... only one tweet so far though. Have had a look at yours for ideas, but I have yet to work out how to put links to other things in!
    Last edited by GeeHubb; 8th February 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeeHubb View Post
    Just don't mention Blackpool then
    I think that 'Tower' and 'Posterior' come to mind .................

As for the Settings for A2C - ours must have already been configured to match. Probably because we have been communication with the exam boards in a similar way for years - and via AVCO as well!
    Last edited by Sivadam; 8th February 2012 at 02:25 PM.

Thank Post
    Our Exams Officer brought me a letter about this yesterday and asked what it was. If she doesn't know how the hell am I?!?!?!

Am putting it off until after she has done the bulk of summer entries.

Thank Post
    Installed a2c a few weeks ago all appeared ok, got connections with little or no probs - amazing! However, the pc over this past week has started to complain....dropping off network, user can't open certain docs PDFs/excel...done all the usual basics, thought we had resolved it with a dodgy cable but noooo....anyone else experiencing similar?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just installed and set it up today and was suprised how easy it went.

Had an issue with the installer trying to put the application data onto the network drive, however a quick phone call to them and a work arround instantly provided.

We did panic when AQA sent us a results file through it straight away though! (A bit of investigating showed it was from January)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,438 Times in 988 Posts
    Blog Entries
    FWIW, put it in before half term, and once I knew where the relevant in/out/archive folders were intended to be, it was very easy to install, worked straight away and our exams officer is delighted with it as it's a much quicker and easier system than what was used before. So despite the general lack of information, the application itself is good.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    Just installed and set it up today and was suprised how easy it went.

Had an issue with the installer trying to put the application data onto the network drive, however a quick phone call to them and a work arround instantly provided.

We did panic when AQA sent us a results file through it straight away though! (A bit of investigating showed it was from January)
    What was the work around? I edited the settings file to get it to work.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrite View Post
    What was the work around? I edited the settings file to get it to work.
    I installed it configured with the Appdata as c:\appdata and then editted the config file in the a2c directory to the network drive and path it should use and added System and Everyone with full control to the folder.

Thank Post
    Does anybody know whether you can install this on multiple machines or if you are able to schedule a task for it to reguarly send / receive files without having to do it manually.

I installed it on our server, and now feel it probably would have been better on the exam officers PC. I tried to map a drive, but it doesn't want to work probably due to missing .dll's etc.

Thank Post
    It ought to be on the Exam Officers workstation.
    As a backup you could have it on another workstation but the InBoxes and OutBoxes would be duplicated on the different workstations so there is the potential for the files to be split between two machines.
    We had the same with AVCO's Exams Centre. This was installed on our Exams Officer's PC and on mine. When the Exams Officer was off for a couple of months - I picked up her work but ran EO from her workstation rather than my own so that all uploaded and downloaded files were in the same place.
    We have it installed in two places just in case we get a major crash on one machine! We could then still carry on on the second!
    (In our case we do not up/download directly into EO - we manually copy and paste from the A2C {and previously Exam Centre!} Boxes into the EO ones and vice versa. This means you always have an original copy of the files in case there is any problem with them during processing!)

12. Thanks to Sivadam from:

Sylv3r (25th February 2012)

Thank Post
    I've recently installed this on on a few PC's in different schools without any major headaches. I've also imported keys which was a very simple process. Overall it was easier than I thought it would be.

Thank Post
    The only thing we had to do was to promote our exams officer to local admin on his pc (from a power user) which is not a problem. We also rejigged the sent folder in the app and in cmis for no good reason other than sensible housekeeping. Everything worked first time except the key from the welsh board which needed a phone call to rectify.

The only operational query we've had is how to read the sent files. The answer to which is to open them in excel!

Thank Post
    We have Edexcel reporting a SSL Error, not the usual "Server Error"

I've just done some digging and using IE9 and visiting https://a2c.pearson.com results in the problem with this certificate error.
    Last edited by Achandler; 1st March 2012 at 10:15 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrite View Post
    I have it working here on smoothwall. You need to allow the following sites.
    https://a2c.cambridgeassessment.org.uk
    https://a2c.pearson.com/A2CEbXmlService
    https://a2c.wjec.co.uk
    https://a2c.aqa.org.uk
    https://a2c.ccea.org.uk
    https://a2cssl.cityandguilds.com

They also need to be in Authentication exceptions as well (If you are using NTLM)
    Hi - I am trying to get this to work and so far I have AQA and WJEC functioning using your advice. Thanks!

How did you get hold of these addresses? I need addresses for OCR and EDEXCEL which do not appear in your list and are so far stubbornly refusing to connect.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast