+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS behaviour in Technical; Hi, Is there any way that when a student reaches say 20 negative behaviour logs that SIMS can automatically send ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    38
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    13

    SIMS behaviour

    Hi,

    Is there any way that when a student reaches say 20 negative behaviour logs that SIMS can automatically send an e-mail to for example the head of year?

    Thanks

    Chris

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,356
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 362 Times in 247 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    If you take a look at the Discover module it should give you an idea of how you can achieve this and more complex alerts.
    Last edited by vikpaw; 25th January 2012 at 06:03 AM.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    38
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    If you take a look at the Discover module it should give you an idea of how you can achieve this and more complex alerts.
    When is SIMS Discover available to schools? If it already is do I have to do anything to get it access it?

    Thanks

    Chris

  4. #4
    skunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    311
    Thank Post
    88
    Thanked 40 Times in 33 Posts
    Rep Power
    30
    It is available now and you should be able to deploy it through SOLUS3.

  5. #5
    Mcshammer_dj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    965
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 171 Times in 136 Posts
    Rep Power
    95
    should be available to all schools. talk to your local support team. Be aware that unless you have implimented Solus 3 you will need to install this manually

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Romsey
    Posts
    38
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by skunk View Post
    It is available now and you should be able to deploy it through SOLUS3.
    We still have Solus 2 here. Maybe our County is holding it back?

  7. #7

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,785
    Thank Post
    715
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgoodrich View Post
    We still have Solus 2 here. Maybe our County is holding it back?
    Check out this link SIMS Discover | capita-sims.co.uk which shows how it can solve your issue, and the other link on that page : Stream Connect - Player

    The main thing to bear in mind, is that it's FREE - yes, if you have SIMS, you have DISCOVER. I'm of the view that you don't need to push it out to all staff. Therefore you don't need to worry about the headache of SOLUS 3. If you have the time, get on SupportNet and download the ISO and instructions to install it. You can play with it yourself and give some staff remote access to start trying it. You'll have to manually update, but initially give it a go. It's been on my to do list for a while.

  8. #8
    Mcshammer_dj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    965
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 171 Times in 136 Posts
    Rep Power
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    Check out this link SIMS Discover | capita-sims.co.uk which shows how it can solve your issue, and the other link on that page : Stream Connect - Player

    The main thing to bear in mind, is that it's FREE - yes, if you have SIMS, you have DISCOVER. I'm of the view that you don't need to push it out to all staff. Therefore you don't need to worry about the headache of SOLUS 3. If you have the time, get on SupportNet and download the ISO and instructions to install it. You can play with it yourself and give some staff remote access to start trying it. You'll have to manually update, but initially give it a go. It's been on my to do list for a while.
    But you do need to be aware that if you push this out from the iso and install on the srever and then on specific work stations you will need to manually do this for the upgrades.

  9. #9

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,785
    Thank Post
    715
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Rep Power
    359
    I know. When i do it, i don't see it going to more than 2 people other than myself. Also, you don't have to upgrade it do you.

  10. #10
    Mcshammer_dj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    965
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 171 Times in 136 Posts
    Rep Power
    95
    granted you theoretically don't need to upgrade discover when SIMS is upgraded. But with Solus 3 working the install and control of Discover is actually quite nice.
    Also worth taking time to schedule the backups of the discover database. I know there isn't data stored but it does make it easier if the users have a number of graphs etc that they setup.

  11. #11

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,224
    Thank Post
    446
    Thanked 319 Times in 270 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    What do you need to run Discover? Do you need a Server to run it on and then a Client with a dedicated graphics card to show all the nice graphs? SQL Express or SQL Full? Do you keep it off the SIMS Server and give it its own dedicated server? So many questions and not many answers in the Discover installation Guide!!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,356
    Thank Post
    36
    Thanked 362 Times in 247 Posts
    Rep Power
    81
    It will normally run well on any desk top. Integrated graphics laptops are hit and miss but mostly OK. A netbook is hopeless. It should run on the same box as SIMS unless that's already being thrashed.

  13. #13

    fiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,224
    Thank Post
    446
    Thanked 319 Times in 270 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilNeal View Post
    It will normally run well on any desk top. Integrated graphics laptops are hit and miss but mostly OK. A netbook is hopeless. It should run on the same box as SIMS unless that's already being thrashed.
    So no need for a dedicated graphics card for desktops? I would prefer to keep any additional load off my SIMS server. Would a VM be ok? All our staff run with either Dell optiplex 745 or Dell optiplex 755 machines. Are these good enough?

  14. #14

    vikpaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    5,785
    Thank Post
    715
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 1,193 Posts
    Rep Power
    359
    Quote Originally Posted by fiza View Post
    What do you need to run Discover? Do you need a Server to run it on and then a Client with a dedicated graphics card to show all the nice graphs? SQL Express or SQL Full? Do you keep it off the SIMS Server and give it its own dedicated server? So many questions and not many answers in the Discover installation Guide!!
    @fiza - some similar questions were asked a while back - check this thread: Discover
    i would go for separate vm, express would be okay, and you could run it local if you wanted initially for testing.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. [SIMS] SIMS Behaviour Management Somewhat Flaky
    By DavePriorHLS in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 7th December 2011, 08:47 AM
  2. [SIMS] - Deleting Behaviour
    By Brucy in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 8th June 2010, 03:00 PM
  3. Changing from Sleuth to SIMS for behaviour monitoring
    By IT_Man_Dan in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th March 2010, 06:22 AM
  4. Sims.net - Reporting on Achievement and Behaviour
    By Iain.Faulkner in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 21st November 2009, 09:35 PM
  5. SIMS Behaviour management
    By Comet_63 in forum MIS Systems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28th May 2009, 11:15 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •