+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, new to all this, question for tomorrow's census, and something on discover in Technical; If you are just changing URN or DfE# then I believe there is a patch you apply which then allows ...
    hit
    Thank Post
    If you are just changing URN or DfE# then I believe there is a patch you apply which then allows you to do that, the problem of merging happens when you pull in a primary school or another local school into yours. Very nasty!

Thank Post
    well I'm pretty sure the feeder school for our school sends over it's records for all our new entrants every year (I'll find out in a few weeks I believe) - so perhaps I will get a taste of the nasty

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tombry View Post
    I hope I don't have to do that
    No it was just the old type Academies before they changed it to a patch like @hit said. I wouldn't use the School merge if your school became an Academy anyway, unless two highs joined - then maybe, if you're merging with say a middle, I would just extend the academic years then import them like you do your bottom year from CTFs. Staff would be manual.

Thank Post
    ah, yes, that merge is one of my personal goals in the next year or so. as I said, academy status came in October, and the two other schools that are part of it still handle things on their own. I've met with the heads of both of them (for about a minute), and neither one has a "me" there, so I think in time I will be able to convince them to do it.

as it is, I'm not sure if they had a census to do today, and if it went off as smooth as mine did.

I was shown how to populate the attendance marks quickly, and thankfully it was only the last two weeks in december that I needed to do it for.

got my un/pw first thing this morning by calling, and my census was submitted and approved by 2.

felt good that something I had very little knowledge on was done so easily, and as much as I was being praised for accomplishing it, I was much more impressed with the overall quality of data going into SIMS.

I was even able to start designing my spreadsheets today, which I was not expecting.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12