+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Advice for the setup for Profiles in Technical; I've attached the template for our Year 10 subjects, filled in for Triple Science, the lower part of the page ...
    Thank Post

Advice for the setup for Profiles

I've attached the template for our Year 10 subjects, filled in for Triple Science, the lower part of the page is for the Course Details, which are different for all subjects. How do I insert the course details in the template?

Or do I need to make a session for each subjects in all years eg ScienceY7 session, SessionY8 session, EnglishY7 session, EnglishY8 session etc? If I do this, how does the system collates the reports to a student?

I hope this makes sense!

Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Catherine,

For each subject in Year 10 you will need a seperate page with an indenticle template to your Triple Science template. e.g. English, Maths etc. These have to be related to the subjects that you set up in your Comment banks for year 10. In your case your Year 10 comment bank has to have all the subjects with the sub sections General Comment and Classwork/Homework/Behaviour. Once your comment bank is set up correctly you can then embed the correct tags for the correct subjects. On each of these pages you can have their course descriptor. You also need to start each subject page with the report open tag and finish the page with the close report tag.

When it comes to collating the reports as long as you have set up all your subjects in the same comment bank they will automatically assign them to the student. this way you only have one sessions per year group which is attached to one comment bank, using one large template.

You will need to create a seperate template for each year group as well. TO do this clone the one you have and rename it Year 7, year 8 etc.
    Hope this was in some way useful.

Mike
    Last edited by Conigula; 26th January 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Thank Post
    If there is a subject on each page, what happens to collation when they don't do a certain option?

Thank Post
    The report open and close tags isolate the page as a section. When you are in the session manager at the bottom of the page you have various check boxes one of these is ignore courses with no entries. If this is checked then non option subject pages will not be displayed.

MIKE

5. Thanks to Conigula from:

ChrisH (26th January 2012)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread