+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Messages in Technical; I've just been asked about using the messaging system in SIMS, mostly for behaviour stuff. IS there a way to ...

Thank Post

I've just been asked about using the messaging system in SIMS, mostly for behaviour stuff.

IS there a way to automate things so that when a Behaviour incident is issue a message is automatically sent out to the pupils Housemater (or <insert member of staff>) is automatially sent an alert?

Do I have to have inTouch (which I don't have)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 1,088 Posts
    InTouch is the solution you are looking for.
    You could train the staff who enter behaviour to add the message which is at the bottom of the wizard, which uses internal messaging, and then give the housemater the messages panel on their homepage, but its a pain for staff to use, and they would have to know and search out the housemater on the list of users. heck of a lot cheaper though.
    The other option is to set up a behaviour panel on their homepage with their house as a focus group. Make one for today and one for yesterday, or past week. It wont pop up, but they can see all for the time frame and click to reveal names.

Edit: Also, apparently as of Autumn update, some panels now have user configurable refresh rates, so it could be configured to suit, rather than the existing 4mins 20
    Last edited by vikpaw; 18th January 2012 at 01:46 PM. Reason: addition

Thank Post
    Vik,

Cheers I kind of figured that was the answer. I've already got/ attempted to train them to use the home panels but some people don't think thats enough. Most people are struggling to let go of paper systems, so when the piece of paper arrives its like their notification, doesn't matter thy sims is "instant" *sigh*

Maybe it's about them being told something verses noticing information. Who knows...

Thank Post
    Stuart,

my last job was at a lawfirm, where part of it was getting attorney's to accept that they didn't need paper.

the best way I found to do it was to provide both, and slowly start "forgetting" the paper copy.

it's my plan where I just started.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,305 Times in 1,088 Posts
    Send them a piece of paper, pre-prepared, every day, that says "Check your SIMS homepage panel for today's new behaviour." They'll learn.
    Sending internal messages instead of the paper could also be useful. Internal messages make SIMS give a horrible system beep!
    Push messages panel out to all staff. Monitor behaviour for all by house yourself for a while, and manually give them messages, to day, 'Yo! check the homepage there is something new there' Hopefully, they'll get in the habit. Just don't do it so much that they rely on your manual messages

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread