+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, How to show both teachers in a student focussed report in Technical; I have 6th form groups that have two teachers. How do I write a report in SIMS that brings out ...

Thank Post

How to show both teachers in a student focussed report

I have 6th form groups that have two teachers. How do I write a report in SIMS that brings out both teachers. At the moment I can only get the Primary teacher of the group as specified in NovaT.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,397 Times in 1,157 Posts
    @Nutty85 - Unfortunately, that's the way it usually works, it only pulls through the 'main teacher' as specified. Are you using AM7? You could create a comment aspect for "<subject> - Teacher", tie this to the resultset you are working on and then put that in the report. You could use the default class teacher, plus one aspect, or just explicitly control both, and use two aspects, for teacher1 and teacher2.
    We quite often use this method for single teacher subjects where there have been rotations or split teaching where the timetabled teacher isn't the one writing the report.

Thank Post
    Hi vikpaw, No, unfortunately I am not using AM7. All I am trying to do is get a report to pull out both teachers as I need to create an excel file for putting into another system. Is there a way an ordinary report can be written to bring out both teachers. Ideally I would like the focus of the report to be Student, but if there is another way then I might be able to stitch all the data I need together.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,197 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutty85 View Post
    Hi vikpaw, No, unfortunately I am not using AM7. All I am trying to do is get a report to pull out both teachers as I need to create an excel file for putting into another system. Is there a way an ordinary report can be written to bring out both teachers. Ideally I would like the focus of the report to be Student, but if there is another way then I might be able to stitch all the data I need together.
    Usually, split classes are appended with an "a, b, c" etc. - if you're handy with macros you could write a report that simply strips out those trailing letters, leaving you just the original class name with an entry for each teacher...

Thank Post
    Unfortunately the class codes aren't amended with an "a, b, c etc". They are not split classes, they are the same class, but with two teachers. Any ideas how these can be pulled out in an ordinary report?

Thank Post
    You can do this, but it's not brilliant. The problem is that where there are two teachers, the main class teacher is also listed as a class teacher, in addition to the other class teacher, so you get three results for one class.

Anyway, try this and have a look at the results:

Create a new Report based on School > Group.

Bring through the data field for the Group name, and also the Sub-group Supervisors. In the sub group bring though Role and Full name. Preview that and scan down the list (you may need to filter out results with no Role, or filter the group name). Find a class you're interested in and have a look at the Role and Names. You'll see that for two teachers you'll see three lines. Not a lot can be done about that, I believe.

See how you get on!

Thank Post
    Actually, do what Pete said, but put a sub-query on the supervisors table and filter for only Role = 'class teacher'. should do what you need.
    To do that, when you've clicked on supervisors sub-group, click red icon on right hand side. it will open up a filter window at the bottom. Add a parameter to filter and untick the 'also include records that don't match this criteria' option.

Thank Post
    Just noticed that's my Tip of the Day on the Capita Independent website: capita-independent.co.uk |

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread