+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, FMS (Academy) - Email configuration for BACS confirmations in Technical; There is a facility within FMS (Academy) to send suppliers etc an email confirmation once a BACS transfer has been ...

Thank Post

FMS (Academy) - Email configuration for BACS confirmations

There is a facility within FMS (Academy) to send suppliers etc an email confirmation once a BACS transfer has been made. (BACS remittances)

Unfortunately, it is not working as the test fails after configuring all the correct email credentials.

Our email is MS Live@EDU based, therefore I think the problem is due to FMS not being able to connect via the internet.

The Admin system currently connects to the internet and gets authenticated via a LEA supplied account (NTLM, i.e. every time you open IE you have to enter username/password) and as far as I can see there are no "connect via a proxy" settings within FMS where I could hardcode the credentials.

I don't think this would be an issue if we had MS Exchange on-site and/or the Admin internet did not require authentication each and every time.

Any one had similar problems? solutions?
    Last edited by MYK-IT; 6th January 2012 at 10:31 AM.

Thank Post
    Could you setup Outlook - would that work??

Thank Post
    Don't think it will Matt40k, as the email will be sent from within FMS itself.

Thank Post
    Ah k, was thinking of eProcurement. You need to put in the SMTP settings then - it won't work with Google Apps so it might not work with MS Live@Edu, as one of the limits are (from KB114398):
    Does not require the use of TLS or SSL encryption strategies

I know part of our RBC we have a SMTP relay, maybe you guys have one you could use?

Thank Post
    Unless you can get that (or another proxy) to handle connections to live@edu transparently without requiring auth, I think you're scuppered.

FMS uses a 3rd-party component to handle the BACS emailing that defaults to SMTP. You can change the port it uses, but it expects to connect directly to mailserverort.

I'd raise a ticket with your LEA asking how they can help you if you've no option but to use their proxy.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'd recommend a local SMTP relay for this. as it saves a lot of faffing. We use 'Advanced SMTP server' for our phone server to mail via our Google Apps domain, and it works brilliantly. Advanced SMTP Server - free download

Thank Post
    I have been asked a similar question by one of my clients. Do any of you know if the email is sent from the FMS servers IP or the clients IP? The site is an LGFL school and has access to mailrelay.lgfl.org but would need the IP and sender address specified.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Local SMTP relay is the way forward here. Ive just had to do the same for Sharepoint to be able to send mail to a distribution list, which has restricted senders on it. I'll dig out the paperwork i did for it, and its one I will blog on anyway, as it took a bit of faffing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt-IT View Post
    I have been asked a similar question by one of my clients. Do any of you know if the email is sent from the FMS servers IP or the clients IP? The site is an LGFL school and has access to mailrelay.lgfl.org but would need the IP and sender address specified.
    The FMS client.

Thank Post
    I have emailed capita and this is the reply "Unfortunately there is no patch available to allow TLS connections in FMS. We are expecting it to be written into a future release but as off yet have not been advised when this is likely to be. "

I have asked to be kept informed and I have raised a change request on support.net

If you effected by this issue could you click strongly agree to change request on Capita's Support.Net (You will need to create an account)

Change Request Reference No. : 1211-1151974

To find the change request go to SIMS homepage (SIMS Management Information Systems from Capita SIMS | capita-sims.co.uk) & click the Support.net and login
    Next Select Support Dropdown menu and select Change Request
    Type the reference Number into the box and select Search List.
    Then please Strongly Agree with it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread