+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, SOLUS3 (3.4.103) to deploy Autumn 11 (3) in Technical; So far, so good, most of the desktops responded to the WOL request and they've installed the update last night, ...

Thank Post

SOLUS3 (3.4.103) to deploy Autumn 11 (3)

So far, so good, most of the desktops responded to the WOL request and they've installed the update last night, this morning a few more updated ok. I've just done a redeploy to all the machines marked as failed on SOLUS3 just to be sure, the new redeploy in 103 is nice, just have to click the remove all, then select the select all failed.

Fingers crossed it'll be all done soon.

2. Thanks to matt40k from:

Rawns (15th December 2011)

Thank Post
    Good results for wired connections, would you expect the same to be with laptops on wireless.

Thank Post
    Overall it seems to have good well, alot better then previously. However we still had a few problems, but nothing show stopping. Just need to go though the logs to pickup on the trouble makers now to stop them re-offending. Laptops went ok, alot faster then normal - helps having already downloading the installers before hand, no longer have to worry about network connection.

Biggest problem was with the internet - some reason a problem has developed with the "proxy" that means it's hit or miss wheither or not you can actually deploy the update - basically it checks with Capita to make sure it's not withdrawn, what makes it weirder is seconds before you've authorised another release (FMS) and they both fail to deploy - because the connection was dropped. Really weird.

Thank Post
    I cant update to the latest version of SOLUS 3 - keep getting fault tolerance not met errors when i try the upgrade. Is there a specific method or should it be done through the SOLUS 3 interface

Thank Post
    Check the agent service is running on the server, that's normally it, otherwise have a look at the logs.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    All set to update ours today, had to do the Solus Update first and that went ok. Went to check for new downloads, and the update wasn't there! E-Mailed the help desk who said they would get it made available... I'm still waiting.

Pete

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmer View Post
    I cant update to the latest version of SOLUS 3 - keep getting fault tolerance not met errors when i try the upgrade. Is there a specific method or should it be done through the SOLUS 3 interface
    Whats the exact error? I was getting 'Tolerance not met on Solus3 database' at one school and the Configuration Patcher available from Capita fixed that.

An issue i've had is, if an upgrade is ran and some of the workstations are offline, i was under the impression that when they get switched on they will automatically upgrade and was also told this is the case by Capita. But i tested this and that didn't happen, the machines that were off never upgraded when switched on. Does this work for anyone else?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmer View Post
    I'm getting that error as well; the update finally became available and I got this error when I tried to start the deployment. I put a call in yesterday and it was 'logged' as it could be a number of reasons; someone will get back to me very soon. I'm still waiting, called again today and it's still 'in the queue'. This is my last full day in today and I need to get this up and running and deployed before the crowd come back in the new year.

What I did notice when I tried to install initially was it tried applying the Spring 2011 update first which is odd seeing as we're running Summer 2011 at the moment. And Solus 3 was supposed to make this better how exactly?

Pete

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I think you need to look at the Solus updates as incremental revisions across the year, so the Spring release is the main release, the Summer is the first incremental release and the Autumn is the second incremental release. I'm interested to see whether come next Spring update, Solus will do a really neat tidy up routine and remove all the previous download packages upon successful deployment of the Spring update, or the server is just to sit and gather update after update for ever more.

I know to deploy the Summer release it tried to deploy the Spring release first, which should basically try to deploy it, see it's installed and then move on to the next part. If it's failing at one of these earlier parts then that's probably why you are getting the Tolerance not met.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread