+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Individual Reports - Formatting a tag in Technical; I have created an Individual report, but one of my "results" is a percentage but is showing as a decimal ...

Thank Post

Individual Reports - Formatting a tag

I have created an Individual report, but one of my "results" is a percentage but is showing as a decimal ie .75 instead of 75%. I have found instructions on how to make changes to a word mailmerge document, and I have done something similar before, but I don't know how it works inside an Assessment Manager Individual report.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    How did you do it for mailmerge?
    You can add field codes into the AM7 template, but you'd also need to add in a macro to update them if they can be, on print or something like that.
    I had a quick try and it wasn't updating unless i pressed F9. This is on office 2010. I'm sure it worked fine on 2003/2007. Can't remember if that was just formatting, not formulae.

Going back a step, how come you're not getting the right output from SIMS in the first place. Is it a calculated field in SIMS? Maybe you'd be better off, throwing a couple of formulae into SIMS to change the output to a text value.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    How did you do it for mailmerge?
    You can add field codes into the AM7 template, but you'd also need to add in a macro to update them if they can be, on print or something like that.
    I had a quick try and it wasn't updating unless i pressed F9. This is on office 2010. I'm sure it worked fine on 2003/2007. Can't remember if that was just formatting, not formulae.

Going back a step, how come you're not getting the right output from SIMS in the first place. Is it a calculated field in SIMS? Maybe you'd be better off, throwing a couple of formulae into SIMS to change the output to a text value.
    Hi. It is a direct export of a result into word via individual reports. The data is wrong really but it is how it arrived from FFT. Do you know where in the tag the format instructions should appear?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    It wasn't format instructions i was thinking of, i was thinking of adding a field code / formula. I think you're thinking of the method that allows you to change the output for an RTF report. I'm not sure that would work in AM7. It only changed dates and True/False fields.
    Unless you've got some other method for mailmerge.

Can't you make a calculated column in SIMS, multiply by 100, then pull that out with a % sign?

What i did was put in a formula that said {=product(left) \# "0%"} , but like i said it wasn't working unless you press F9 to update. And i'd put in an extra hidden column with 100 in it. So it wouldn't work unless the only columns to the left of this value were the pulled in one from SIMS and the fixed 100 column.

There must be another easier way though. I'm pretty sure using field codes was easier before.

You can overcome the update issue by selecting update fields on print, so that's one less thing to worry about. So maybe that's enough for you..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread