All worked perfectly. Versions MUST be the same for SIMS and Discover installation files.
I'm struggling to find the log file. Have they moved it?
Like SOLUS2, discover has the tendency to drop a log file where ever it wants to dependant on the account used by the services. After so many issues running the transfer services as Network Service, we now install it in schools and use the system account. Log files can 75% of the time be found in c:\documents and settings\default user\local settings\application data\discover, c:\windows\serviceprofiels\local system\local settings\application data, or randomly, in the user directory of who you installed discover as! We've also found that If UAC is on, discover in most instances won't create a log. Disable UAC, reboot and hopefully one will appear. Failing that,change the discover services to run with a user account and one should pop up in the My Documnets area.
As for transfer timeouts, check the SIMS log file. We've seen sites where the database slipped into full recovery mode and the log file is a monster. Put the DB back into simple mode and apply the reindex patch, this usually helps the transfer start working. The same for the discover log file too, sometimes it can grow to a huge size and seems to impact the transfer.
Setting the timeout period to 30 mins helps with bigger schools.
Got given some SQL patches. Works fine now. Reindexed the database I think.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)