+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Editing Assessment report Spring 2011 in SIMS in Technical; I need to edit assessment report in SIMS assessment. I can edit report for summer 2011. But I can not ...

Thank Post

Editing Assessment report Spring 2011 in SIMS

I need to edit assessment report in SIMS assessment. I can edit report for summer 2011. But I can not edit report for spring 2011. I edit the report as follows:
    Focus ->Assessment ->Marksheet entry -->Choose class and term

And then click on the subjects for individual student. I can edit the report for Summer 2011 but can not do this for Spring 2011.

Is there any way to do this ?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to do: do you want to alter the template associated with the marksheets you're looking at (i.e. change the columns) or enter data in to a marksheet?

Thank Post
    I want to enter (infact just edit )the data in the marksheet. I can not do this for Spring 2011 (which is last academic year 2010-2011).

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,294 Times in 884 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sultan966 View Post
    I want to enter (infact just edit )the data in the marksheet. I can not do this for Spring 2011 (which is last academic year 2010-2011).
    I'm assuming that "Spring 2011" and "Summer 2011" are result sets (if they are, they'll be the second line of the column heading for each column they apply to). There are two possible reasons you can't enter data in to the Spring 2011 columns:

1) The result set is locked, in which case it will need to be unlocked before anybody can enter data. This is done by going to "Focus > Assessment > Result Sets", finding the result set and unticking "Locked".

2) The column is locked on the marksheet's template (every marksheet is based on a template). To fix this, you need to go in to "Focus > Assessment > Templates", find the template in question (it's the marksheet's name minus the class name at the end) and look for the correct column which will be marked "Read Only". You can then open the columns properties by double clicking on it and untick "Read Only".

A word of caution though - as you don't already know this, I'm guessing you're not the person who sets up marksheets in your school so I highly recommend you go and speak to them first as there may be a reason that they have locked the result sets/columns.

Thank Post
    Method 1 worked perfect. Many thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread