+ Post New Thread
MIS Systems Thread, Unprovisioning Users from SLG (Hosted) in bulk in Technical; Does anyone know of any methods to unprovision users in bulk from hosted SLG? I can easily get SIMS to ...
    pdr

Thank Post

Unprovisioning Users from SLG (Hosted) in bulk

Does anyone know of any methods to unprovision users in bulk from hosted SLG?
    I can easily get SIMS to give me a report of students who have left, and their contacts, but am stumped at present as to how to apply this to unprovison relevant users, except manually (ie go through list of users, compare them with output from SIMS and select them manually in Remove Contacts)

Thanks

Thank Post
    I am not sure if this is different for the hosted version, the way I bulk unprovision is bellow
    You should be able to unprovision users based on year group and status of leavers for students, and year group for contacts.
    This can be done from Routines> Active Directory Provisioning> Provision Users>Students >Remove>Students
    then filter based on status leaver and year group you can then bulk add un provision requests

3. Thanks to barbera01 from:

pdr (31st October 2011)

Thank Post
    The release notes for Autumn have a whole section for AD. The improvements really look like Capita have listened to users, and one improvement is for better sorting for provisioning process. I think you will be able to identify and select parents with no students remaining at school. I'm looking forward to trying it.

pdr

Thank Post
    Many thanks for your advice - not sure if this is standard for SIMS, but when I sort students for unprovisioning, as you suggested, by year I note that for some students the year group is in brackets, which appears to indicate student has left, which then makes it easy to unprovision these.
    For "contacts to remove from provisioning" I can only see Name, Title, Address, Tel No. So far have found a way (convoluted) to get this list into excel so that I can sort it and then compare with a list of contacts for students on roll (extracted as a report from SIMS), and so intend to remove any contacts not on this latter list

pdr

Thank Post
    Thanks for the info, have replied to Barbera01 as to my current progress(?)

pdr

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barbera01 View Post
    I am not sure if this is different for the hosted version, the way I bulk unprovision is bellow
    You should be able to unprovision users based on year group and status of leavers for students, and year group for contacts.
    This can be done from Routines> Active Directory Provisioning> Provision Users>Students >Remove>Students
    then filter based on status leaver and year group you can then bulk add un provision requests
    Thanks for your advice on filtering Contacts by year group, as we have 6th form here cannot guarantee that all in later years have already left, but it certainly narrows the search down (in my ignorance I had not spotted the filtering options!).

Thank Post
    How do you allow for parents of younger siblings doing it that way? I couldn't trust deleting all leaver contacts in case they still had children in the school.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthCoastSaint View Post
    How do you allow for parents of younger siblings doing it that way? I couldn't trust deleting all leaver contacts in case they still had children in the school.
    Code:
    • The student Status filter has been added to the Select Contacts to Add to Provisioning Service browser. In addition, the student Status is automatically set to Accepted Applicants when provisioning contacts and to Leavers when unprovisioning contacts.
    • Related student names and year group information are displayed when searching for contacts to provision in SIMS.
    • Improved means for identifying and removing accounts of parents that no longer have a child at a school by selecting the Contacts with no child check box in the Select Contacts to Remove from Provisioning Service browser.
    from release notes 18655

Thank Post
    That's what I'm waiting for Vik. Wouldn't risk using the current filter, I could envisage scores of parents with blocked accounts as older siblings leave.

Still not installed Autumn, but def still excited about this feature!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread