+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
MIS Systems Thread, SIMS export in Technical; I wanted to try this for something else, so just had a quick play. Changing priority had no effect, and ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts
    I wanted to try this for something else, so just had a quick play. Changing priority had no effect, and a priority 3 came through. Making an other contact priority 2 had no effect, but ticking parental responsibility pulled it through along with the now priority 3 mother. So it gave me 3 outputs, with the order tags 1,3,2 - which maps to the priority, but for whatever reason didn't order them in that way. So you should be able to get more out if they are ticked as responsible.

Thank Post
    Ah ok, we never thought about limiting a number of contacts exported in a CTF, the default I would have thought would be you export them all, as a CTF file is meant to transfer all the data about a student to another school/system.

Thank Post
    It seems it's only taking those with parental responsibility, which kind of makes sense. At least for us here, the rest of the contacts with priority above 2, are usually neighbours or possibly relatives, but may not be applicable when changing school, whereas you'd hope the parents or those responsible would stay the same or at least should remain on contact details.

Thank Post
    I'm pretty certain that our CTF output does what is legally required of it. CTF is a standard output that meets DfE standards - there is no flexibility.

Thank Post
    The thing that concerns me here, is when a pupil transfers from a Primary School to a Secondary School

The pupil will still be living at the same address, and will keep all their contacts the same, which may be 3, 4, 5 or more contacts

So when the Primary school create the CTF file, it will not contain all the contacts in the file, and the Secondary school would have to re-enter them manually

If this is correct, then SIMS is not creating a Full CTF file as per the CTF specification

Having looked at the specifications of CTF version 11, there is no mention of limiting the number of contacts or anything else like Parental Responsibility (PR)

On average, our schools have at least three contacts - Mother (with PR), Father (with PR), Granny (without PR) - plus there may also be a Step Father/Mother (without PR)

All of these should be included in the CTF file

@PhilNeal
    Can you check why SIMS is not including all contacts in the CTF file - is this Capita's interpretation of the CTF specs, or is it Capita's individual choice to not include all contacts
    Last edited by ntm1275; 27th October 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Thank Post
    CTF10 spec says parental responsibility + soical worker. CTF11 says everyone. SIMS goes to CTF11 in the autumn release.

7. 2 Thanks to PhilNeal:

ntm1275 (27th October 2011), vikpaw (27th October 2011)

Thank Post
    14th Nov before anyone asks.... why they wimped out of the 11th Nov I do not know - I think a 11/11/11 build would have been cool.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by matt40k View Post
    14th Nov before anyone asks.... why they wimped out of the 11th Nov I do not know - I think a 11/11/11 build would have been cool.
    Probably cos there's no hope of an armistice yet

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12