+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
MIS Systems Thread, FMS fatal error in Technical; Hi I'm trying to install FMS on a few Windows 7 computers and on two have been successful however further ...
    Thank Post

FMS fatal error

Hi

I'm trying to install FMS on a few Windows 7 computers and on two have been successful however further computers now give me the error
    Fatal Error:Unable to load the suppliers focus
    &
    Fatal Error:Unable to load the Purchase Order Processing
    when clicking these buttons under Accounts Payable.

I've worked through the install document provided by Capita which even has a workaround for this error. This involves:
    1. Log in to the workstation as an Administrator.
    2. Select Start | Run and enter regedit to open the Registry Editor.
    3. Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE tree.
    4. Expand the SOFTWARE branch.
    5. Right-click on Borland and select Permissions from the drop-down list.
    6. Highlight Users.
    7. Select Full Control and click the OK button.
    8. Exit the Registry Editor window.

The following steps explain how to change the path of the PDOXUSRS.NET file:

1. Create a new folder in C:, e.g. C:\BDEShare, and copy the Pdoxusrs.net file into it.
    2. Open the Windows Control Panel from the Start menu.
    3. Double-click on BDE Administrator to open the BDE Administrator dialog.
    4. Select the Configuration tab.
    5. Expand the Configuration tree, then the Drivers tree, then the Native tree.
    6. Highlight PARADOX and edit the NET DIR setting. Enter the path of the newly created
    folder, e.g. C:\BDEShare.
    7. Close the BDE Administrator window.
    8. Ensure that all FMS users have Full Control permissions to the C:\BDEShare folder.
    UAC is also already off so isn't an issue.

Any ideas as Capita support seem to be stumped at the moment.

2. Thanks to randle from:

RichCowell (4th November 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,382 Posts
    Blog Entries
    are you doing a local install or a network install??

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 1,025 Posts
    it happens here havn't got to the bottom yet - stick the program in Xp sp3 compatablity mode and it works.

Weird thing is it happens on different machines across the school all built from the same image and gpo's etc! some like it some dont!

5. Thanks to glennda from:

DaveyPitch (25th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 748 Posts
    @randle:

Had the same problem when we first moved to Windows 7 back in February, on your Sims server in the Sims dir you should have a folder called lockdir, in this dir you should have the PDOXUSRS.NET file this lockdir folder should have the appropriate permissions on it for the security groups that wish to access it.

Then on the client workstation you are required to log in with admin access rights and alter the BDE through the administrator tool (I'm sure you know where this is) once in there you make the necessary changes i.e. the path to the lockdir folder on the Sims server and change the STRICTINTEGRTY to true as in the attached pic.

BDE admin 1.jpg

Hope this helps

Let me know how you get on

P.S @glennda you too

7. 3 Thanks to bossman:

randle (21st September 2011), reggiep (7th November 2012), vikpaw (25th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,129 Times in 1,025 Posts
    got a feeling this will have to wait until the next image rollout! i'm not doing that on all the machines in the school (every hod has access to fms for orders)

Thank Post
    I was wondering whether the PDOXUSRS.NET file could be put somewhere central and all installations pointing to this however the instructions from Capita say to set this locally. Are you saying it can be centrally stored instead?

Permissions on this folder are already set appropriately for SIMS users so just need to change the BDE configuration. Interestingly the Capita instructions don't mention to change the STRICTINTEGRTY value to true!!

Thank Post
    Well that seems to have worked thanks bossman however am concerned as to why Capita support didn't mention this!? What is the purpose of PDOXUSRS.NET?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by randle View Post
    Well that seems to have worked thanks bossman however am concerned as to why Capita support didn't mention this!? What is the purpose of PDOXUSRS.NET?
    Explanation of sorts here

Happy reading

Pleased you are up and running again

Thank Post
    And some more reading on Borland here

enjoy

13. 2 Thanks to bossman:

randle (21st September 2011), vikpaw (25th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Many thanks for that

Thank Post
    Any ideas why this wasn't suggested by Capita support though?

Thank Post
    Any ideas why this wasn't suggested by Capita support though?
    Every installation of Sims within schools is seemingly different and sometimes what is a generic guide to what may be the solution sometimes needs a little tweak.

I did have a problem with the dotnet framework 4 which somehow stopped the staff from generating reports, swapped the protocol within Sims through the tools to TCP from http and it just works.

I will have a look at the way the IE GPO is delivered when I get round to it hehe!

Just be happy that you are sorted and you can now rest easy tonight while you have a glass of whatever and something nice to eat.

Enjoy your evening

Thank Post
    I was wondering whether the PDOXUSRS.NET file could be put somewhere central and all installations pointing to this however the instructions from Capita say to set this locally. Are you saying it can be centrally stored instead?

Permissions on this folder are already set appropriately for SIMS users so just need to change the BDE configuration. Interestingly the Capita instructions don't mention to change the STRICTINTEGRTY value to true!!
    I've moved the PDOXUSRS.NET file to a shared area and set the necessary permissions and using the Borland Administrator pointed to the mapped drive and works with no problems.

Thank Post
    Scripting FMS installation on Win7 - Scripting #CapitaSIMS FMS installation #Windows7 | Matt40k

19. Thanks to matt40k from:

vikpaw (25th September 2011)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,380 Times in 1,142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I've moved the PDOXUSRS.NET file to a shared area and set the necessary permissions and using the Borland Administrator pointed to the mapped drive and works with no problems.
    I don't fully understand the system, so @bossman 's first link was a really interesting read. It seems the pdox.net file should be in a public shared directory, unless somewhere in the FMS coding they also use the shared network directory as well and control multiple users in their own way. This is key to having multiple users, so i'm confused as to why it's recommended to leave it local.

This could have implications with regards to the change that was advised with Spring 11 release:

Ability to update FMS when other users are in FMS
    Previously when you posted a Transaction Batch or Transferred Bills you needed to ensure all users were out of FMS, this restriction has been removed
    and also worryingly this alert that came out during the summer:

This effects both the Spring and Summer Releases of FMS and is caused when FMS is being updated from Fees Billing.
    1. Some schools are getting an error message ‘Period is Closed’ when transferring bills (where the extras are posting into this financial year and fees are posting into the next financial year).
    If you are experiencing this issue please call the Financial Hotline who can provide you with a patch.
    1. If one person is in FMS creating an invoice whilst another user is updating payers from within Fees Billing, in certain circumstances two journals are being created with the same Journal Number. These become apparent when you look at posted journals within the Manual Journal Processing.
    Our current advice (until a correction is available) is to ensure that no one is logged into FMS whilst posting from Fees Billing
    1. On the Summer Release (only) when posting any transactions except Cash or Cheques transaction types within Fees Billing the Journal created is being duplicated with different journal numbers. When drilling into the transactions within the Chart of Accounts review the duplicate journals will be displayed.
    Our current advice (until a correction is available) is not to post any transactions from Fees to FMS.
    Some official advice would not go amiss.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast